https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/asthma.jpg

Patients Asthma

5 answers

Topic of the discussion

Carenity Member • Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

It is well-known that one is more likely to get asthma if one's parents or other family members have/had allergies or asthma. The "good" thing is, that in this case we are better prepared and have all the necessary information on how to act in a crisis.

What about you? Is any member of your family affected by asthma?  If yes, in what way did it help you - you were familiar with the disease, your family doctor knew what to do, treatment is always available, etc.?

Thank you for sharing your stories!

Beginning of the discussion - 11/13/18

Does your ashma run in the family?
Carenity Member • Community manager
Posted on
Carenity Member
Posted on

My mum, two sisters and our brother have all been diagnosed with asthma. Two of my cousins on my mum's side were diagnosed with asthma too.

Carenity Member
Posted on

My mum, two sisters and our brother have all been diagnosed with asthma. Two of my cousins on my mum's side were diagnosed with asthma too.

Carenity Member
Posted on
Good advisor

I was the first member of my family to be diagnosed with asthma but other family members had associated things like hay-fever and excema. Both my children and granddaughter have hay-fever and excema but only my son has asthma and although he had it very badly as a child now he is older he rarely has any problems. 

Carenity Member
Posted on

I was the first one in my family to be diagnosed with asthma, my late mother always said she had bronchitis when I was born, in later life she was diagnosed with asthma as well, I have nephews and a niece and great nephews with it as well and I believe one of my sisters has it as well. Some of them don't suffer as much now they are adults but still have problems now and again, but I have suffered with it all my life infact today I was at the doctors with a chest infection and was prescribed antibiotiçs.