COVID-19 vaccine: What do you think?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Long COVID

Posted on

I am certainly not a anti vaccination person, and believe everyone should chose for themselves, but I have not had any vaccinations as an adult. In fact I turned some down in school. It is strange how there was an uproar when the government was thought to had tried the herd Immunity approach to tackling the pandamic, yet many seem happy to embrace mass vaccination which is herd Immunity. I wish all of you who have the vaccination all the best but my doses are available for someone who actually wants it. 

Posted on

Just a question to ask everyone on here when you get the chance to be vaccinated for covid are you going to have it ,I know a lot of people say they wont because of there allergies, a lot of people dont have the flu injection because people with coeliac disease and they have an allergy to eggs ,do you think this injection has been tested for coeliac disease because I am going to have it but I am a coeliac and I'm not allergic to eggs or dairy but I am allergic and have a food intolerance to wheat and gluten who else feels worried about not being able to have this inoculation I know I am but nothing is being said about what this injection contains I really hope I can have this maybe the government or the research should tell us more but I will have this when I am told I can Tigger 

Posted on
Good advisor

Several anti vaccine videos are floating around on social media scaring people off from having the vaccine. I keep wavering for having it to not having it. I just hope that by the time my turn comes, there will be enough evidence of any drastic side effects of the vaccine, so I can choose then. my husband says he will be there like a shot when his turn comes, as until then he remains in lock down. So far I have heard that 6 people have died, 4 in the trial vaccine period and 2 post vaccine. My son from Canada tells me that 6 people have been reported to have developed Bell's Palsy after the vaccination. This does not help me to decide to have, or not to have. I pray that I may get some guidance from God by some divine intervention. 

Posted on

I for one, will not be volunteering to have this vaccine. I feel it has not being trialled enough and we have not been informed of possible side effects. It should be upto each individual to make the choice whether to have the vaccine or not xx

• Ambassador
Posted on

I'll face the decision when the vaccine is offered to me; no use harping on about it now when I'm not even near being offered it as I'm well under the age group of 90, 80, 70 etc; I'm classified in Group 6 due to my epilepsy, but I'll face it when it comes. 

I am also very allergic prone and allergic to wheat, dairy, protein, seafood, chemicals, fragrance, soaps and so much more, but I won't let this stop me from not being sensible and facing the pandemic.  I also take an anti-histamine tablet daily for allergies, and obviously will discuss this subject closer to the time with my GP and/or Neurologist when necessary.

One day at a time is my motto; following the rules, washing hands, wearing a mask as is required and being sensible is what's required also. 

Posted on
Good advisor

@lesmal‍ 

Hello Lesley. My husband received a letter today inviting him for the vaccine. The letter states that if you have severe allergies or if you carry an Epipen, you are advised not to have the vaccine, Having read your above post, thought I will give you heads up. Sorry. Good luck. 

• Ambassador
Posted on

@nineteen_gale‍ Thank you for the heads up. Much appreciated. I'll decide when I get the offer.

An antihistamine daily currently handles my allergies, but will get advice then. 

Keep well. 

Posted on

I would take it. I see it as better to have than not. If it doesn’t work for me then a lesson learned for others

Posted on

I will be having it. Friends of our are 89 and 90 and they have had their first round, all went well and they have their second one in January. It can't come fast enough for us.

Posted on

Will certainly be having any vaccine offered. The last thing I need is to be picking Covid up at this late stage having dodged it until now.

Hope everyone has the best Christmas possible and stays safe and can then welcome in a a much better new year.