COVID booster vaccine: What do you think?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Long COVID

122 answers

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

I am hoping that I get the chance to have the covid booster ,I cant wait as then I shall know I am fully protected what does everyone think are you all going to have this if we are offered it and is there anyone who is worried about having it also if we have this does it mean we dont need the flu one 

Beginning of the discussion - 29/06/2021

Posted on

I will definitely be having it if it’s offered the flu jab works for me, any extra protection we can have sign me up.

• Community manager
Posted on

@Tigger.co.uk Hello Tiger, thank you for opening this helpful discussion! I've moved it to our COVID-19 group so more members can join in. emoticon cute 

As you all may have heard, the government will soon be releasing information about a COVID-19 vaccine booster programme to be potentially launched in the fall, as researchers are still gathering information and learning more about:

• long-lasting protection of the different vaccines,
  • protection against COVID variants, and
  • further protecting those who may be immunocompromised.

What do you all think about this news? If you were offered a booster shot would you go for it? Do you have any concerns about an additional jab?

Feel free to discuss (respectfully emoticon wink) here!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

I know there maybe certain things when the booster is announced but I will definitely have it as it will be like the flu and I have that every yr and I have had the pneumonia injection so this I will definitely have as it will give me more protection and its better to be safe than sorry as having loads of life threatening illnesses that I have got I dont want anymore to be added to my list ,plus when I get 70 I shall even have the shingles one as I have had shingles before and that made me really poorly. TIGGER 

Posted on
Good advisor

I will most certainly have the booster when offered. I have had Flu vaccine every year. Have had Pneumonia vaccine too and have had both jabs of the Covid vaccine, and never had any reaction. So I will definitely go for it when offered. I have no qualms about it.

• Ambassador
Posted on
Good advisor

The new normal, simply added to the Flu jab so not an issue, we have to live with Covid. It is also important to end the rabid Covid hysteria and get this country back to work as I feel many will abuse the system as the country cannot continue on credit!

• Ambassador
Posted on

I'll take both the covid booster and flu jab. I've had the flu jab for years now with no problems. 

I'm not concerned about any reaction or side effects. 

Posted on
Good advisor

I will also take the Covid booster and Flu jab. I have never had any reaction to it over the years.

Posted on

With the results starting to come in about the untested vaccines Pfizer vaccine [this content has been moderated by an administrator] of all COVID-19 patients were previously vaccinated. Was it really worth all the hardship, suffering, and death? Cases at low baseline [this content has been moderated by an administrator]. Data from Israel Ministry of Health Dashboard. before I am accused of false information as before, do your own research, funny when you produce facts and figures you get the silent treatment and no apology  S0 I will be getting no untested vaccines or untested booster vaccines Pfizer were claiming 94% protecting rate [this content has been moderated by an administrator], no doubt the true figure will emerge in the future

Posted on

I will definitely be having the Pfizer covid-19 please to job if I'm offered it. I always have my flu jab without fail.