https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/psoriasis.jpg

Patients Psoriasis

4 answers

Topic of the discussion

Carenity Member
Posted on

Can anyone help me please i have been getting disability benefit for yrs . And this new p.i.p thing . I put in a claim and they sent me a letter saying tgey wanted ti seen me at 9.15 on 2 july .i creams to put on abd  can.t  get dressed as it wiuld stain clothes alsi my  husband was still at wirk and ciuld take me . They said in letter tgat they would send another appointment  .i waited fir weeks then recived a letter tell ne they had stopped it because i did.bt attend . My feet are twisted so i can.t walk far my hand are twisted so can hold anything well. Yet they can write me off because of an appointment  . Can anyone gelp please

Beginning of the discussion - 8/15/18

Pip

Carenity Member
Posted on

I don’t know where you live, but are you able to contact a Citizens Advice Bureau? Have you contacted your MP for help? 

Pip
Carenity Member • Community manager
Posted on

@Mcentee 

Hello Mcentee,

I am so sorry to hear about the pain you're in and the difficulties you are experiencing. Perhaps you should ring your doctor or social welfare provider to explain the situation to them. I am sure that once they understand why you were unable to attend the meeting they will rearrange another appointment for you.

Best of luck and I hope that it works out.

Pip

Carenity Member
Posted on

You could also request a home visit. Hope this helps.

Pip
Carenity Member • Community manager
Posted on

@JulesH That is good advice for @Mcentee‍, I hope this helps and thank you for sharing.

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join 150 000 patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

It’s free and confidential