On Carenity.co.uk each member can maintain their anonymity;
- Only ELSE CARE as responsible under the Data Protection Act 1998 (registration number ZA048012) for processing personal data and OVH as site host, have access to Members’ personal data collected if strictly necessary in the interests of their mission.
- Each Member of Carenity.co.uk is identified by a username, eliminating the need for further identification.
- None of the services or sections of Carenity.co.uk demands identification of the Member, the Member can benefit from all services whilst preserving their anonymity and protecting their privacy.
- ELSE CARE uses a model of anonymity and gathering of data prior to providing their clients with any study, guaranteeing the anonymity of the Members.
Before signing up on Carenity.co.uk you have been informed about your rights concerning your personal data (notice of consent). ELSE CARE is responsible for processing personal data within the essence of the Data Protection Act 1998, collected through the services used by Members of www.carenity.co.uk. Processing is undertaken to allow you to benefit from the services that interest you and to which you wish to subscribe. Carenity informs you of the purpose of the collection and processing of your personal data, in full transparency and in accordance with its legal obligations:
- To facilitate the sharing of information and content related to human ailments and related products and services for the interest of Members and Users,
- To enable Members of www.carenity.co.uk affected by the same ailment to connect to one-another,
- To facilitate the exchange of information and content between Members of www.carenity.co.uk via private e-mail, the communal spaces and interactive discussions (e.g. newsfeed, discussion forums, private messaging),
- To facilitate the monitoring of the health of Members or their loved ones (subject to that person’s express and specific consent),
- To facilitate opportunities to participate in research and studies on the basis of voluntary, active and specific consent and / or making contact with bodies responsible for conducting such studies and / or research,
- Using fully anonymised data to prevent identification, to facilitate the execution of research and / or studies (including semantics, scientific, medical, medico-economic or quality of life) by ELSE CARE for itself or on behalf of its contractual partners,
- On the basis of the Member’s voluntary, active and specific consent, to enable institutional or promotional information to be sent to Members via their private messaging service.
The disclosure of your personal data, including your health data, is limited to ELSE CARE and those members of www.carenity.co.uk whom you expressly permit to receive such data. ELSE CARE ensures that your personal data and in particular your personal health data will not be disclosed to any unauthorized third party. Users and Members of www.carenity.co.uk, have, under Part II of the Data Protection Act 1998, a right of access to personal data concerning them, and to its rectification, opposition and deletion, which you can exercise by writing to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. By registering with Carenity.co.uk, Members consent to the collection, treatment and storage of his/her personal data and in particular to personal health data.
Everyone is equal before disease and each patient shall have equal rights and obligations. On Carenity.co.uk each member is committed to the unconditional respect for other members, especially in case of participation in interactive services and usage of private messages. Each member is informed of all legal requirements applicable to carenity.co.uk and in particular to comply with the following provisions in connection with any participation in a collaborative and interactive space or private messages:
- To respect privacy, personality and image rights ;
- To protect the interest of minors ;
- To respect medical confidentiality ;
- Not to do anything defamatory, abusive, insulting, demeaning, threatening, racist , bigoted, xenophobix or violent, not to harass any person, advocate crimes against humanity, do anything to provoke racial hatred, violence, child abuse, paedophilia, and/or post any child pornographic content, and/or be disrespectful of the dignity and sensitivity of other Members, and ;
- To prohibit all pornographic content,
- To protect all copyrights and proprietary rights.
Members bear full responsibility for all private messages and contributions to Carenity.co.uk collaborative and interactive spaces that are written, issued, exchanged or disseminated using their name and password. Carenity.co.uk complies strictly with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, and as such :
- Carenity.co.uk preserves data for the identification of Members throughout the statutory period, and may communicate on legal requisitions,
- ELSE CARE does not moderate or otherwise edit Members’ contributions to collaborative and interactive spaces prior to posting on www.carenity.co.uk. Contributions can only be moderated by Carenity.co.uk after posting,
- Is not required to monitor inputs on collaborative and interactive spaces,
In addition, the Members of Carenity are committed to :
- Providing sources (references, links, etc.) on medical data other than personal experience,
- Only publishing medical information which they deem true in light of their knowledge.
5. Security policy on Carenity.co.uk
Carenity.co.uk uses security measures adapted to the protection of data and services offered by Carenity.co.uk. As such, Carenity.co.uk appealed to specialized service providers:
- OVH as site host: A significant investment has been made in order to implement measures and high levels of security to guarantee adequate protection and continuation of personal health data.
- Companies and consultants specialized in the security audits of internet pages : network security, operating system security, security operations, etc.
The overall security policy of Carenity.co.uk is based on measures of logical and physical security, regularly reviewed and udated. Notably used is :
- A security procedure managing passwords and logins of the members,
- Connection to the member space is based on the secure Internet protocole HTTPS (SSL access).