How do you deal with how others see you?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Skin diseases

2 answers

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hello everyone,

How are you today? emoticon cute

When you live with a visible skin disease, it can be difficult to cope with how others look at you on a daily basis. Have you come to terms with it? Do you try to hide your condition?

Feel free to share your story here and support other members; it's in creating a true community that together we will be stronger in the face of disease!

@Barnsey@efda12@ChloeRian@JSB//2@mitcon‍ @Trundle@Florence5@Jimena@SusanC@Dizzytizzy@shezhurtallover@Dustie@Woodbren@sophiesmum@petersonn066@Royberg@Debbiedonut71@Charlotte1993@Johannawarren2002‍ 

Take care,
Courtney

Beginning of the discussion - 19/06/2020

Posted on

@Courtney_J I've had eczema since I was a child.  When I was young it was something I definitely struggled with as other children would often make fun of me or avoid me for it. It was very hard for me emotionally as it was something I couldn't help and there wasn't much I could do to stop it. I would try to cover it with long sleeves or bandages but often that would just irritate it. I still have it today but I've come to accept it in a way. I don't try to hide it anymore, it's just a part of me.

Posted on

@Courtney_J I've just started having eczema and it's mostly limited to my hands, but sometimes also on my neck. I haven't really wanted to cover it since it's getting warmer and the thought of having anything on it makes me itch. But I haven't lived with this my whole life so I think my perspective isn't the same.