Does a daily routine help with your bipolar disorder?

https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/bipolar-disorder.jpg

Patients Bipolar disorder

6 answers

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

I find routine helps me with every day life and work  i never have expectations of what outcome  should happen only  outcome goals ! and then if anything doesn't happen i can try again tomorrow! no time limit no failures just lots of plans ?

Do you use routine and do you find it helps ? 

Beginning of the discussion - 01/02/2021

• Community manager
Posted on

@Bethsherry Hello Bethsherry, thank you for opening this discussion. It sounds like you've found a great way to manage your bipolar disorder! emoticon cute Has your routine changed at all in lockdown? 

Hi everyone, how are you today? Have you tried establishing a set daily routine for yourself? If so, has it helped you? 
@Khaines@IceQueenie@Jaynegoddard@JTMckenna123@Quoth_the_Raven@Snoopy72100@Rachaelk@Astra1547@melbullock116@Tracy67@Diamonds@Carolmcnichol@Jcleves@J4joops71@Tattooedlady‍ 

Feel free to share here!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

Yes shower in morning,take deago my dog for his walk,depending on weather, watch tv and read 

Posted on

yes this is how i cope everyday so if i don't feel the same i notice it much faster than when i'm not in routine lock down has been better for me as i have less unexpected things happening or people turning up and work life is a great way to keep up socially so i don't get used to  not being around anyone but also have time away from busy life 

Posted on

Working shifts means I have to keep to a routine. I'm up at the same time every morning get the chores done then start work. Working from home is lonely but I'm talking to people all day so that's nice.

Posted on

I'm in PR8 area ,yesterday I had a phone call which made me see that the support is there,just harder due to lockdown,dogs been out ,and chilling in the flat

Posted on

Routine really helps me too. It was one of the first things my counsellor had me put in place. I have a set routine when I get up in the morning and when I get up at night, having a set of habits is really helpful because I know what I'm supposed to do and when. Uncertainty can really trigger my anxiety which can send me off the edge sometimes. It also helps me make sure that I get enough sleep which helps me not have an episode too.

Most commented discussions