Coronary artery disease
- 31 views
- 0 support
- 3 comments
This discussion will be a place to share your experiences and to ask each other questions about coronary artery disease.
Coronary artery disease is the most common type of heart disease. CAD occurs when your blood vessels can’t carry blood and oxygen to your heart. This is typically because they’re damaged, diseased, or blocked, disrupting the blood flow.
Don't hesitate to help each other with information!
my husband has cad, all because of his lifestyle, smoking, sitting in his office all day, not moving enough. He's taking betablockers for now and is probably going to have to go through a surgery.
How has anybody else changed their lifestyle after cad diagnosis? it's not easy for us, with 40 years of the same not very healthy habits
It is extremely important for you to change your not healthy habits to healthy ones, how ever difficult.
1. Cut back on Salt, sugar alcohol and quit smoking. There is plenty of help available to quit smoking
2. Include exercises in your daily routine. Do not sit for too long in one place. Even the office workers need to get up every hour and walk about. if you are a user of public transport such as bus, get off one stop earlier and walk the rest.
3. Take the stairs instead of the elevator when ever you can
4. Include plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet and cut back on saturated fats
5. Take up activity of your interest, cycling, swimming, dancing, aerobics yoga walking and include it in your daily routine
40 years of not so healthy habit is no reason why you can not adopt a healthy life style if you value your life.
Good luck. You will never know how much you improve until you try it.
See the signature
On grounds of my very ill health, I wish to terminate my membership with Carenity. Thank you all for all the support from everyone and wish you all good luckk
Well the first thing you need to do is research if there is a history of hearth disease in your husbands family or your own and if there is you need good medical abvice before doing anything,yes a little exercise and give up smoking are the best way to start
See the signature
Give your opinion
Members are also commenting on...
Articles to discover...
15/05/2018 | Advice
04/03/2024 | News
26/02/2024 | News
24/02/2024 | News
11/02/2024 | News
09/02/2024 | News
03/02/2024 | Advice
You wish to be notified of new comments
Your subscription has been taken into account