Given the COVID-19 pandemic and vaccine, do you feel comfortable travelling this summer?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Long COVID

16 answers

Topic of the discussion

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone,

How are you doing today? emoticon cute

Are you going on holiday this summer? Do you have any concerns about travelling due to the COVID-19 pandemic? Are you going to get vaccinated so you can go on holiday? If you do plan on travelling, are you planning on staying domestic or going abroad?

Feel free to share and exchange in the comments below!

Take care,
Courtney

Beginning of the discussion - 24/06/2021

Given the COVID-19 pandemic and vaccine, do you feel comfortable travelling this summer?

Posted on

@Courtney_J We'll be taking our holiday within the UK again this year like we did last year. Between the delta variant and the EU (where we'd normal go on holiday) taking so long to get their vaccine programmes rolling we feel safer staying "home". We've all had the jab, but there's still a risk we could bring it home or spread it. Maybe this time next year we'll feel better travelling.

Posted on

My family will be holidaying in the UK this year. Whilst we've been jabbed, we're still at risk of contracting the virus and potentially spreading it.  The holiday and airline industries are making such a fuss about their profits at present, but we have to prioritise global health and well-being. If we just keep spreading covid, it will get stronger, and we have to stay one step ahead or we'll lose the battle altogether. 

Posted on

We have decided that we will stay home do our areas in the house that needs to be done

Maybe we will go to the local coast have a good fish and chip lunch ha Always taste better .

things are changed everyday so we are very carefully with our days .

Hopefully everyone will stay safe . 

• Ambassador
Posted on
Good advisor

I am on holiday now and travelling in the UK I would have no issues. But climbing into a confined space with circulated air in an aircraft I think is a serious risk or indeed ships these days. Each to our own and the risks are very low now as we have received the jab the sick, lame and lazy could wander the world!

Posted on

With so many beautiful places in the UK to see and explore, I don't see the point in risking going abroad where they don't seem as on the ball with their vaccine programme as we are here in the UK. I, for one, certainly won't be going abroad for a holiday this year.

Posted on

I am not sure about travelling anywhere I have had my two Pfizer  vaccines I was tested by my GP for antibodies it turnes out I have none He thinks it's the Humira I take for R/H It turnes out I am vaccinated yet not vaccinated I am in limbo 

• Ambassador
Posted on

No holiday plans for me until Covid settles down and we have less infections. 

I'm happy to stay put! 

Posted on

Like a lot more than just my family I'm really happy to just stay in my area

But I have to say that I have been to the shops and I felt that I could have been in another country

Wear mask use the pumps to sterile your hands I use the gloves

It is recommended that people go very carefully get used to the right system

I have been spending time in my garden grown tomatoes I have never done anything like this

So I have learned 2 new things that is new

Posted on

I am thinking of taking my kids away in UK, may be somewhere in Wales or Scotland. There is lot to explore in here before we go somewhere else.