How long did you have to wait to see your cancer consultant?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Lung cancer

6 answers

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

I was sent on a 2ww as I was having a feeling of a lump in my throat. Gastroscopy was normal , just minor hiatus hernia. I also had a CT scan from chin to pelvis. Waited 3 weeks and was getting anxious so I called my GP surgery who said my doctor would call yesterday. Immediately I knew there was a problem. This came out of the blue as I was told I have a 5mm enlarged lymph node in the right lung. I have no follow up date to see the consultant and now hanging. I have that awful feeling in my chest of impending doom. I dont know what to do with myself. How long did anybody else have yo wait to see their consultant ?

Beginning of the discussion - 01/10/2021

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello @Deedro‍, thank you for opening this discussion. I can imagine what you've been going through is stressful. Have you had any news since you posted?

Can anyone else share their experience? Did you have a long wait to see your consultant when you were diagnosed? Do you remember how you felt during that period? Can you share any advice or encouragement with @Deedro‍?
@Kathy10@Linjit@MissNic@Billya@Jazmahil@Abbeylad@Lynndenise@Sheila60@Martincarr1960@Carol5555@Patsy12@Rosaleen@Blueslider2@Toniblade@Tinawelland@ElsieSlayer@SharoneGannon@Sandy69‍ 

Don't hesitate to share with us here, we're all here to support one another!

Take care,
Courtney 

Posted on

I've had a letter saying I'm discharged from gastro and that my gp will need to refer to the next consultant. I have had to pester my gp who has now sent a choose and book for information on what to do next !!! I really don't understand why I am left in the dark

Posted on

I was first told of my nodule finding on a chest X-ray early July. My anxiety was through the roof I spoke to a lung nurse at my hospital and she was fantastic she kept me informed all the time because of my anxiety. Let them know how you are feeling wishing you all the best x

Posted on

Hi,

I dont have a name of anybody at the hospital to contact, I am just replying on my gp to obtain a response as to what happens next by the gastro who has discharged me

Posted on

My gp keeps saying different things like, it's probably benign and I think it's good news and probably need no follow up and you have Rheumatoid so that can cause enlarged lymph nodes, grrrrrr!!!!!!!

Posted on

I didn’t have a name I rang my local hospital  and was put through to the lung nurses, they were very helpful 

Most commented discussions