Patients Respiratory system

2 answers

Topic of the discussion

• Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

Hello everyone,

I am your community manager, Marina.

In this group you can share your thoughts on respiratory system diseases. How you cope with your condition in daily life, how it affects you mentally, etc. If you have any questions you can also share them here.

Please don't hesitate to introduce yourself to the other members and get a discussion started.

All the best

Beginning of the discussion - 11/08/2015

Welcome to the group for respiratory system diseases

Posted on

last week i went to the funeral of my paternal aunt, who had emphasyma, she'd never smoked. her father my grand father ,and her brother ,  my uncle, have already passed from this terrible condition. and it bought home the stark reality of what my future is, im now aware my mortality wont be that long, and it scared my big time, i spent most of that evening crying and worrying, i realise there is nothing i can do, but i want to see my grand kids grow up, im not ready to die and at the same time im scared of how bad my breathing will get at the point of my death. sorry if this sounds morbid, but i guess funerals do that to you

Welcome to the group for respiratory system diseases

Posted on
Good advisor

I have bronchactersis

My day starts with a neubiliser with a high salt solution(7%), after that i gave to do breathing exercises to try and move phlem up and out. This takes nearly and hour and has to be repeated before i go to sleep at night.i am meant to do breathing exercises 2 more times during the day- but this rarely seems to happen. I have frequent lung infections although since i have been on high salt solution i have not had so many. I usually play games on my phone whilst on the nebuliser as it is very boring and the noise of it means thatT.V would be too difficult to hear.

I go for walks when I can which i find helps. Housework makes me really out of breath- vaccuming,am also allergic to dust which doesn't help.

I try to take one day at a time and not think about the future.