6 Seasonal Fruits and Veggies you must eat
- 31 views
- 0 support
- 3 comments
This year the FAO focuses the World Food Day (16 oct) on social protection and agriculture. The slogan is “Either we build a future for all, or there will be no acceptable future for anyone”. They intend to create conscience and push the social protection as an effective tool in the fight against hunger.
Here at Carenity, we want to start that social conscience at home, with our own bodies. Because, even if we don’t think so, we can be malnourished. We have to learn how to eat right, and what better way to do it that eating what the season brings, which will be full of vitamins, easier to find and we will be helping the agriculture, which is the second point of this year’s focus.
Here you have the list of the 6 seasonal fruits and veggies you can’t miss on your diet this fall, and we tell you why:
1. Carrots: they are super rich in carotenoids (vitamin C) to prevent oxidative damage inside the body.
2. Brussels Sprouts and Cabbage: they are packed with vitamins A and C. They boast high concentrations of cancer-fighting glucosinolates.
3. Pears: they are high in soluble fibre, which helps lower bad cholesterol.
4. Pomegranates: early studies suggest that pomegranates may help reduce the risk of heart attacks and breast cancer.
5. Pumpkins: is one of the best sources of alpha and beta carotene, which can be converted into retinol to promote healthy vision and cell growth. Its seeds are also a good source of alpha-linolenic acid, and omega-3 fatty acid that help on heart diseases.
6. Sweet potatoes: they have a huge amount of vitamin A and are also good source of vitamin C.
So now that you know more about the best selection of this season’s fruits and veggies, be sure not to miss them and to take care of what you eat, so you always have the right vitamins to be healthy and fight diseases.
Also , it's important not to forget a diet balanced with protein , and fats . That is free range dairy , chicken , grass fed beef , lamb . A good olive oil , cheese , butter , herbs , spices , and sea or rock salt , the minerals are also important for an overall healthy body .
See the signature
I like fruit and vegetables. Carrots and peas are my favourite. Also leeks and cabbage.
See the signature
Clare Jasmine Daisy
carrots, brussel sprouts and sweet potato are the only ones i would eat out of them
Give your opinion
Articles to discover...
11/02/2024 | News
09/02/2024 | News
03/02/2024 | Advice
29/01/2024 | Advice
12/11/2019 | Procedures & paperwork
21/01/2015 | News
14/10/2016 | News
21/10/2014 | News
You wish to be notified of new comments
Your subscription has been taken into account