- Home
- Forums
- Skin diseases Forum
- Living with skin conditions
- Is fatigue harder to explain than a low platelet count?
Patients Skin diseases
Is fatigue harder to explain than a low platelet count?
- 5 views
- 0 support
- 1 comment
All comments
john979
john979
Last activity on 30/09/2026 at 15:53
Joined in 2026
Patient, Multiple sclerosis since 2026
Other conditions: Immune thrombocytopenic purpura, Breast cancer
4 comments posted | 2 in the Skin diseases Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
Fatigue is probably one of the things I find hardest to explain to other people. There are days when I feel completely drained, even though from the outside I probably look fine.
I also don’t always feel like how I’m doing can be summed up by a platelet count. Sometimes I’m more focused on how much energy I have and whether I can get through the day normally.
I wish people understood that ITP can affect everyday life in ways that aren’t always visible.
Give your opinion
Members are also commenting on...
Articles to discover...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
Your subscription has been taken into account
Razar.M
Community managerGood advisor
Razar.M
Community manager
Last activity on 30/09/2026 at 15:19
Joined in 2026
44 comments posted | 2 in the Skin diseases Forum
10 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
Good Advisor
Contributor
Messenger
Explorer
Friend
Hi everyone,
Hope you're doing great today!
When people hear about immune thrombocytopenia (ITP), the first thing they may think about is a low platelet count, bruising or bleeding.
But living with ITP isn't always something that can be explained by a number on a blood test.
You might have had a day when your platelet count was the first thing everyone asked about, while what you were actually struggling with was the exhaustion of getting through the day.
Maybe you've cancelled plans because you simply didn't have the energy. Or perhaps you've heard, “But you look fine,” when you were feeling anything but fine.
That's something I'd like us to talk about.
💬 For those living with ITP:
@aromart @Karenew @Rarebits @Kittysones @Bilko1 @JCMans11 @Marv51
As ITP Awareness Month comes to an end, perhaps awareness shouldn't only be about knowing what ITP is, but also understanding what it can actually be like to live with it.
If you feel comfortable, tell us about your experience. 💜
With care,
Razar from the Carenity team💖