- Home
- Forums
- Skin diseases Forum
- Living with skin conditions
- What activities feel safe when platelets are low?
Patients Skin diseases
What activities feel safe when platelets are low?
- 4 views
- 0 support
- 1 comment
All comments
grace2209
grace2209
Last activity on 06/10/2026 at 17:04
Joined in 2026
Patient, Immune thrombocytopenic purpura since 2026
Other condition: Breast cancer
1 comment posted | 1 in the Skin diseases Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
Thank you @Razar.M for bringging this up.
I’ve been living with ITP since 2018, and I’ve definitely become more careful about the activities I do, especially when my platelets are low.
I still try to stay active, but I tend to choose gentler things like walking rather than anything where I might fall or get injured. I think one of the hardest parts is the uncertainty sometimes you feel well enough to do something, but you’re still thinking about bruising or bleeding in the back of your mind.
Over time, I’ve learned to listen to my body more and not push myself just because I feel like I “should” be doing more.
Give your opinion
Members are also commenting on...
Articles to discover...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
Your subscription has been taken into account
Razar.M
Community managerGood advisor
Razar.M
Community manager
Last activity on 06/10/2026 at 15:44
Joined in 2026
51 comments posted | 4 in the Skin diseases Forum
10 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
Good Advisor
Contributor
Messenger
Explorer
Friend
Hi everyone 💜,
Hope you're doing great today.
Living with immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) can sometimes make ordinary activities feel more complicated than they used to.
Because ITP causes a low platelet count, people may be more prone to bruising or bleeding. That can naturally raise questions about exercise, sport and even everyday physical activities.
Someone who enjoyed cycling, running, gardening or going to the gym before their diagnosis may suddenly find themselves wondering:
Can I still do this safely? What happens if I fall? Is my platelet count too low today?
The answer is not always the same for everyone. The level of bleeding risk can depend on platelet counts, previous bleeding, treatment and the type of activity. Higher-impact or contact sports may carry more risk of injury, while lower-impact activities may be more suitable for some people.
This can also affect people emotionally. Exercise may have been an important way to relax, socialise or feel independent before ITP entered their lives. Having to reconsider those activities can feel like another thing the condition has taken control of.
💬 For those living with ITP:
@aromart @Karenew @Rarebits @Kittysones @Bilko1 @JCMans11 @Marv51
Everyone's situation with ITP is different, so medical advice should always be individual.
But from your own experience, how do you balance staying active with feeling safe when living with low platelets?
With care,
Razar from the Carenity team💖