Living with seizures - no matter if psychological!

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Spasmophilia

15 answers

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

I have Non epileptic Attack disorder, they say my condition is psychological, but the seizures are real. Feel free to share your stories!

Beginning of the discussion - 24/03/2015

Posted on

I have been diagnosed with Non epileptic attack disorder and now i have been diagnosed with epilepsy. 

It was very strange at first but then my seizures got worse and then the doctor relised it was epilepsy.

Posted on

I was diagnosed with non eperleptic attack disorder but after 6years of fighting managed to get my neurologist to do more tests and then they found that I have both but have been having eperleptic one throughout the start of when I was 18yrs it's hard because no employer will take you on because of insurance is too high anyone expirenced that??? 

Posted on

I need 24 hours supervision because my seizures, so can't help with employers advice! I have noticed travel insurance companies are not covering you for your NEAD, so if you have any attacks and  have a accident abroad/away you are not covered but they still insure you! Just can't claim, silly!

Posted on

Hi there my names Tommie and I've had epilepsy since I was 8 years old and I'm 50 now. I have the Grand Mal seizures. I take 200 milligrams of Dilantin in the morning and 200 milligrams at nighttime. I have a hard time getting sleep and I get real lightheaded and dizzy. I've learned to live with it, but it's hard to control epilepsy. The last seizure I had I was on the beach and remember waking up in the emergency room. Does anyone else have this problem  ? If so let me know. Ty 

Posted on

I have had epilepsy for the last 48 years, I was 18 months when first diagnosed I have had grand mal,petit mal and finally ended up with complex partial, I also have non epileptic seizures and when I have one of those my right leg and arm shake violently and I can't form words properly.Over the years I have been on just about all the different drugs but I am currently on leverciteram and my life has changed for the better.Because of this drug I was able to regain my full driving license and the only side affects are drowsiness

Posted on

I will say my memory isn't good but that could also be due to getting older.Over the years things have happened that I can't explain in the grip of a seizure some funny some not but I refuse to give up

Posted on

Shaun, I don't know if this helps but an employer can't not employ someone because of epilepsy. Epilepsy is a disability and it is law that companies employ at least I believe it is 3 per cent of people with disabilities.Over my life I have worked several job's the Last three was as a meat packer using machinery, as a carer from the very young up to the elderly and for the last 13 years for the railways, in fact the railways have been a godsend the company I work for has our own occupational health team , councillors we can call 24 hours a day for help. I hope this helps you.

Posted on

I have alongside NEAD, Complex Partial Epilepsy too! Don't take anti epileptic meds for it, but use Gabapentin for my Fibromyalgia!

Posted on

hi my name is nikki and i am new to this group, i have grand mal epilepsy i have had for many many years it first showed itself when i was around 7 years old i am now 43 years old and i am only just starting to get stable on my medication, doctors have tried allsorts of tablets and treatments over the years , its just starting to work propley in last few years ive gone from having cluster fits to now having less and less fits my last fit being 6 months ago, which is a very long time for me as before this i was having seizures every week

Most commented discussions