https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/ankylosing-spondylitis.jpg

Patients Ankylosing spondylitis

2 answers

Topic of the discussion

Carenity Member • Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

Flares in ankylosing spondylitis can be mild or severe, and can include pain and fatigue.

What helps you personally manage your flares? Is it just your usual pain medication or do you also use complementary medicine, like exercising, hot bath or breathing techniques, or other?

How much time did it take you to understand your flares and to find what works best in your case?

Beginning of the discussion - 4/25/18

What is for you the best way to manage a flare
Carenity Member
Posted on

I do use my usual meds and maybe Tramadol injections which tend work much quicker. I use hot packs on the the most painful parts and rest if I can.Often a flare is followed by extreme fatigue so when that happens I just sleep.

What is for you the best way to manage a flare
Carenity Member
Posted on

A cocktail of Gabapentin, Tramadol and Paracetamol usually does the trick but I feel really washed up for quite a while afterwards. 

Just get on with it. Usually sleep for a while, and wait for the next flare.....

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join 150 000 patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

It’s free and confidential