https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/cardiovascular-diseases.jpg

Patients Cardiovascular diseases

3 answers

Topic of the discussion

Carenity Member • Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

Stents can be used to deblock blood vessels (in particular, coronary artery) or prevent aneurysms.

Have you already had stents inserted as a preventive or an emergency measure?

Have you experienced any complications or had any allergic reactions? How did the operation go and what recommendations did you receive from your doctor for the post-operation recovery?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience!

Beginning of the discussion - 1/5/18

Stents
Carenity Member
Posted on

I had a stent inserted in March 2015 as a preventative measure. My symptoms were breathlessness on exertion rather than pain. Since the stent insertion, exertion  produces no symptoms at all.

Incidentally, my father survived a heart attack at the same age as me (55) when I had the sent inserted.

Stents
Carenity Member
Posted on

I had 2 stents inserted in May 2013 due to chest pain and shortage of breath. The procedure was fine in and out in a day. 2 months later in July I collapsed at work and had to have a further stent as plaque had moved and caused a 90% blockage. The second procedure although more painful for a few minutes was OK with no further problems for the last 4 years. I do have to take anti coagulation medication daily. 

Stents
Carenity Member
Posted on

Had a cardiac arrest in November 2012, had a stent fitted and almost a year to the day I collapsed with chest pain.The stent had collapsed in the middle they placed a further balloon and widened the artery.Still get chest pain sometimes and I do wonder how long the stent will last for?

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join 150 000 patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

It’s free and anonymous