How to support someone with Fibromyalgia

https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/fibromyalgia.jpg

Patients Fibromyalgia

12 answers

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hello, my mum was diagnosed last year with Fibromyalgia after a 5 year wait.

How can I support her? She's also blind, has diabetes as well 

Beginning of the discussion - 13/07/2016

Posted on
Good advisor

My daughter , 32 , was diagnosed last year following a car accident She has a brilliant partner and a active 4 year old who through circumstances is very independent but she struggles .We just make sure we are there for her,giving her moral support , having the little one on a Thursday morning and any practical help or advice she needs 

Posted on

glad she has someone to help her

Posted on
Good advisor

Have you any of the following near you .Blind Association , dementia ,memory cafe , singing for the mind ,a Carers support , or diabetic groups who can support you or just give advice . Don't be afraid to ask for help or advice  and with social services be persistent. I know all the above have support groups but don't know about fibromyalgia but again see if they have a support group . I have found just being able to talk to someone in a similar situation helps Just remember to look after yourself and have Me Time .Hope this is some help 

Posted on

my mum is part of a blind group

Posted on
Good advisor

Can you get any help from them .All too often carers struggle on thinking there is no help available until it is to late and they become ill themselves

Posted on

Not able to for fibro but she's hopefully getting a guide dog

Posted on
Good advisor

Well that should give her a bit of independence which should help.

Posted on

I am part of a small support group, that meet for a coffee, about once a week. Usually only five of us, we rarely talk about fibro, more giggles and laugh, but if someone is low, we find the support brilliant.

i am 70, the groups youngest is late thirties - quite a motley, but close group

Posted on

Where is it whynotme? My mum maybe interested if it's local to us and hopefully Janet

Most commented discussions