Do you have a carer? Do you find it helpful?

https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/multiple-sclerosis.jpg

Patients Multiple sclerosis

14 answers

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hello everyone,

Just a general question today, do you have a carer? If so, who is it? Has them being your carer changed your relationship?

Please comment below and share :)

Beginning of the discussion - 17/04/2019

Posted on

Hi. I don't have a carer as such, but my husband does a lot. He cooks the meals and does jobs around the house that I can't do. I dont need help with washing/showering or dressing. I had to take ill health retirement in November 2017. It's lovely not being tied to an alarm clock but I do miss the social interaction.

Posted on

I don't have a carer and I still work nearly 30 hours a week. 

Posted on

@JosephineO I don’t have a carer. Still seem able to cope. I don’t cook per se just live on microwaveable/oven meals (ones where I can just leave them for time required, where I don’t need to be there to ensure all ok). I’m ok with that. Relatively active too, have gym/swim session once a week, physio fortnightly, and I can still cycle (which I love, just got an e bike pack for my Brompton, which enables me travel further and easier with the electrical assist!!). All fun

Posted on

I have carers in 3x daily AM get me up 1.5 hours, lunch call 30 minutes, and bed call again 30 minutes.

Posted on

I don't have a carer, although my husband does alot for me. He cooks, drives me places, reminds of things I need to do.

Posted on

@Bilbobags @bubblyjubbly @weefeemcdee @Felix7 @Laurab123 Thank you all for sharing :) 

@bubblyjubbly‍ do you have a good relationship with your carers?

Posted on

I have 2 carers 4 times a day as I have to get hoisted because I can't weight bear hoping to use my sliding board soon we get on really well and have a lot of laughter you have to when you need them 

Posted on

@Susiek what is a sliding board?  I am barely transferring to scooter to get to bathroom. That sound fun. I’d like to try. I have a caregiver 4 hrs a week for showers and light housekeeping. If I want to keep my med insurance, I don’t qualify for more help and I can’t afford self pay. Ugh