/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Muscles / Skeleton / Joints

137 answers

Topic of the discussion

Carenity Member
Posted on

Hi I have osteoarthritus of the spine  I suffer with a lot of pain in the spine and it affecting my legs from my hips to feet constantly throbbing and aching .Tried applying for pip told I wasn't entitled .Sick of the pain I am going through I use a stick as I can't walk properly as aches and pains

Beginning of the discussion - 5/16/16

Osteoarthritis

Carenity Member
Posted on
Good advisor

Hi. I have osteoarthritis in knee hip lower back .... basically wherever there's a joint I have it.

I've used " devils claw " a health/herbal gel from the health shop. It helped to  relieve my pain. Basically I applied it every couple of hours.  My uncle (85yrs young) recommended it to me.

Maybe worth a go? 

Osteoarthritis

Carenity Member
Posted on

I suffer from osteoarthritis in spine knees hands  and legs from the hip downwards  also suffer from Fybromyalgia  underactive Thyroid  Pernicious anemia  and stomach problems and it's hard to determine one pain from the next I m under a rheumatologist  I use volterol rubbing cream and on Tramadol and antideppressents And yet still in a lot of pain I am73 and it is hard not been able to do the things I used to  wonder if there is a lot of people suffering from the same

Osteoarthritis

Carenity Member
Posted on

Hi bopper

I'm concerned about your usage of tramadol and anti depressants. Ssri's are very dangerous when mixed with tramadol.  Can I ask which anti depressants you are in?

Sarah x  

Osteoarthritis
Carenity Member
Posted on

I suffer same as u I have osteoarthritus of spine in two places it affects my legs from hips to toes and also my arms ,shoulders and fingers and neck I am on co drydamol and Angel it doesn't't seem to help anymore always in pain and find it hard to walk 

Osteoarthritis

Carenity Member
Posted on

I a, also concerned about ure use of. Tramadol when I was on it It made me I'll I thought I was losing my mind and I collapsed  please be careful see doctor and Change painkiller

Osteoarthritis

Carenity Member
Posted on

Hi I have osteoarthritis started in my fifties. Had left hip replaced and right hip in July /August this year. Have it also in my back and ankles have partially fused left ankle. Take Co drydamol every 6 hours. Also on anti depressants lm a positive person but get upset when I can't do things sometimes...

Osteoarthritis

Carenity Member
Posted on

Hi,I have osteoarthritis of the neck,pain never stops,when you turn your neck it's agony,because of a heart condition can't have many painkillers,only allowed paracetamol these are not much good for pain relief.

Osteoarthritis

Carenity Member
Posted on

I use naproxen  i find this works quitewell  with tramodol . I dont have any issues with  tramodol  personally its a brilliant  painkiller and works for me i take 6 a day long term

Osteoarthritis
Carenity Member
Posted on

I have osteoarthritis in my hips and knees and spondylitis of spine, struggle to walk use a stick, pain killers don't work very much, also have a lot of muscle pains and problems is this all connected?

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join 149 000 patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition
or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

Join

It’s free and anonymous