Logo Carenity
Logo Carenity
Join now! Log in
flag en
flag fr flag es flag de flag it flag us
Home

Forums

Latest discussions
General discussions
See all - Forum index from A to Z

Medications

Medications fact sheet
See all - Medication index from A to Z

Surveys

Ongoing surveys
The results of the surveys

Magazine

Our featured pieces
News
Testimonials
Nutrition
Advice
Procedures & paperwork

Conditions

Fact sheets
See all - Disease index from A to Z

About

Who are we?
Why share your data?
The Carenity team
The ambassadors
Partner associations
Contributors
The Science and Ethics Committee
Our scientific publications
Our commitments
Certifications and awards
Carenity in the news
Editorial policy
Code of conduct and privacy policy
Legal notice
Terms of use
Cookies management
Contact
Carenity for professionals

Join now! Log in
  • Forums

    • Latest discussions
    • General discussions
    • See all - Forum index from A to Z
  • Medications

    • Medications fact sheet
    • See all - Medication index from A to Z
  • Surveys

    • Ongoing surveys
    • The results of the surveys
  • Magazine

    • Our featured pieces
    • News
    • Testimonials
    • Nutrition
    • Advice
    • Procedures & paperwork
  • Conditions

    • Fact sheets
    • See all - Disease index from A to Z
  • Home
  • Forums
  • General forums
  • Living with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and NASH
  • What is your NASH/NAFLD story? Let's share!
 Back
Living with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and NASH

What is your NASH/NAFLD story? Let's share!

  •  100 views
  •  4 times supported
  •  7 comments

avatar Courtney_J

Courtney_J

Community manager
13/07/2020 at 19:00

Good advisor

avatar Courtney_J

Courtney_J

Community manager

Last activity on 13/10/2022 at 16:47

Joined in 2020


1,277 comments posted | 11 in the Living with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and NASH group

13 of their responses were helpful to members


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Messenger

  • Committed

  • Explorer

  • Evaluator


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

Hello everyone, 

How are you today? emoticon cute

I thought I would open this discussion so we can all get to know one another better!

So, what is your NASH or NAFLD story? How and when were you diagnosed? What symptoms did you have prior to your diagnosis, if any? How are you doing today? What medications or treatments have you tried? Do you have any advice to share with someone newly diagnosed with NASH or NAFLD?
@Hidden username‍ @Dreyproubroaproos0766‍ @Hidden username‍ @Clableygoung43‍ @Hidden username‍ @Poodreer6‍ @Hidden username‍ @Hidden username‍ @Broseygoock6329‍ @Hidden username‍ @Weytreablegash2‍ @Hidden username‍ @Loblaish1355‍ @Beajush6‍ @Chicaisish96‍ @Hidden username‍ @323Natapreyng‍ @Hidden username‍ @Hidden username‍ @Hidden username‍ 

Feel free to introduce yourself and share your story here! 

Take care,
Courtney

Follow

Other groups...

All things Christmas
Carenity News
Feedback for Carenity
Fun and games
Good to know
How to use Carenity
Let's talk about COVID-19
Life beyond illness
News from the media
Procedures and Paperwork
Youth patients with chronic conditions

Give your opinion

Survey

Help shape the future of Carenity!

Survey

Become a Carenity Ambassador – Help our community thrive!

All comments

avatar 3Cheylaychoul

3Cheylaychoul

15/07/2020 at 18:29

Good advisor

avatar 3Cheylaychoul

3Cheylaychoul

Last activity on 15/07/2020 at 18:21

Joined in 2020


6 comments posted | 6 in the Living with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and NASH group


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@Courtney_J Hello Courtney, I was diagnosed with NASH about two months ago and was left in a bit of lurch by my GP. I had never heard of NASH and only vaguely knew of fatty liver, but only by name. I didn't get any instructions on what I should be doing to manage this. So from coming on here and reading on the internet I'm trying to diet so far but it's been hard with the lockdown.


What is your NASH/NAFLD story? Let's share! https://www.carenity.co.uk/forum/other-discussions/living-with-nonalcoholic-steatohepatitis-nash/what-is-your-nashnafld-story-lets-share-3583 2020-07-15 18:29:07

avatar Thoajaigal171

Thoajaigal171

16/07/2020 at 16:35

avatar Thoajaigal171

Thoajaigal171

Last activity on 20/06/2025 at 20:40

Joined in 2020


3 comments posted | 3 in the Living with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and NASH group


Rewards

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

Hi My husband has been diagnosed with NAFLD, but he is not over weight nor is he diabetic He doesn't eat a lot of red meat  eating mostly  chicken, But he dose like rich food. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kind regards Angie.


What is your NASH/NAFLD story? Let's share! https://www.carenity.co.uk/forum/other-discussions/living-with-nonalcoholic-steatohepatitis-nash/what-is-your-nashnafld-story-lets-share-3583 2020-07-16 16:35:47

avatar Baifreeck59

Baifreeck59

07/08/2020 at 20:49

avatar Baifreeck59

Baifreeck59

Last activity on 27/08/2020 at 21:17

Joined in 2020


2 comments posted | 1 in the Living with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and NASH group

1 of their responses was helpful to members


Rewards

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

Hi.

I had acute abdominal pain which was severe for four days and then subsided gradually over the next five days. I knew it was my gall bladder as my wife had identical symptoms some years ago. After antibiotics, I went for an ultrascan. I then received a phone call from the receptionist at my surgery. She told me that I had gall stones and fatty liver disease. I was told that if the infection reoccurred I was to contact the surgery, As for the fatty liver damage, I was to cut down dramatically on my alcohol intake. As I've been teetotal for 40+ years, the last bit of advice was nonsensical. Given that I'm intolerant of alcohol, one might have thought it would be on my records. To be told this way was, I thought, appalling. Quite apart from the receptionist thinking that I'm a bit of a lush, I told her I didn't drink but she probably thought I was in denial, I was given no procedures to follow. 

That's why I'm here, to discover what my doctor should have told me. Once I know, I'll demand to speak with my doctor to find the specifics.

Thanks for having me.

Derek


What is your NASH/NAFLD story? Let's share! https://www.carenity.co.uk/forum/other-discussions/living-with-nonalcoholic-steatohepatitis-nash/what-is-your-nashnafld-story-lets-share-3583 2020-08-07 20:49:22

avatar Sipegleyl32

Sipegleyl32

17/09/2020 at 11:49

avatar Sipegleyl32

Sipegleyl32

Last activity on 01/12/2022 at 17:14

Joined in 2020


5 comments posted | 4 in the Living with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and NASH group

1 of their responses was helpful to members


Rewards

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@Baifreeck59 That's terrible  the receptionist was like that! She should know better! Especially since fatty liver is very often not linked to alcohol! I hope you reported her to her superiors.

I was also diagnosed a bit unexpectedly because of what was thought to be a gall bladder problem. Turns out it was NASH and I was almost to the point of cirrhosis.

I was given little-to-no information besides "lose weight and exercise".  It seems to be a theme with NAFLD/NASH patients...


What is your NASH/NAFLD story? Let's share! https://www.carenity.co.uk/forum/other-discussions/living-with-nonalcoholic-steatohepatitis-nash/what-is-your-nashnafld-story-lets-share-3583 2020-09-17 11:49:52

avatar Treaveang3885

Treaveang3885

28/09/2020 at 14:59

avatar Treaveang3885

Treaveang3885

Last activity on 26/03/2020 at 14:41

Joined in 2020


1 comment posted | 1 in the Living with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and NASH group


Rewards

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

so to go on a drug i had to have regular blood and liver tests done this led to a scan and I was diagnosed with enlarged and fatty liver so I'm now realising some pain I was having is my liver however was told look at my diet and don't worry about it ! im not a big drinker but my dad died of a schirrosis he was a big drinker . Now ive read many people dont improve this with diet so I'm lost about what to do. Im on off pain meds for spinal.conditions which I suspect is my cause how is diet going to improve that? Any suggestions welcomed 


What is your NASH/NAFLD story? Let's share! https://www.carenity.co.uk/forum/other-discussions/living-with-nonalcoholic-steatohepatitis-nash/what-is-your-nashnafld-story-lets-share-3583 2020-09-28 14:59:10

avatar Courtney_J

Courtney_J

Community manager
30/09/2020 at 14:37

Good advisor

avatar Courtney_J

Courtney_J

Community manager

Last activity on 13/10/2022 at 16:47

Joined in 2020


1,277 comments posted | 11 in the Living with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and NASH group

13 of their responses were helpful to members


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Messenger

  • Committed

  • Explorer

  • Evaluator


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@Treaveang3885 Thank you for your comment. We just recently updated our NAFLD and NASH fact sheet where we talk about some of the treatment options and recommendations and the current research on the disease. You may find it helpful so I'll link it here: Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH): Everything you need to know

Does anyone have any advice or insights for Cbarny9?
@Wobruchail1‍ @Hidden username‍ @Hidden username‍ @Bayyoobroang2950‍ @Blacel8‍ @Hidden username‍ @Hidden username‍ @Breclul16‍ @Crouthifreas67‍ 

Take care,
Courtney

See the signature

Courtney_J, Community Manager, Carenity UK


What is your NASH/NAFLD story? Let's share! https://www.carenity.co.uk/forum/other-discussions/living-with-nonalcoholic-steatohepatitis-nash/what-is-your-nashnafld-story-lets-share-3583 2020-09-30 14:37:54

avatar 1Deygoothoan

1Deygoothoan

12/05/2026 at 16:30

Good advisor

avatar 1Deygoothoan

1Deygoothoan

Last activity on 13/09/2026 at 02:43

Joined in 2023


1,115 comments posted | 13 in the Living with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and NASH group

110 of their responses were helpful to members


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Messenger

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

Hello everyone,

each NASH or NAFLD journey is different, and sharing your story can help others feel less alone and better understood.

How did your story begin?
What symptoms or signs first led to your diagnosis?
And how has your journey been since then?

Please feel free to share your experience with the other members. 💛

Take care,

Somya from the Carenity team 🌼

@7294Flufraisheamayck @Weachoobeck80 @Forest5198 @Toogeerouhot9239 @0204Nevoablous @Freeret @Cicloploo67 @Neymaytraish179 @Frutreymeen204 @Mouwifush766 @Chaisothang80 @Hidden username @Rablouceyr478 @Blaiplee6 @Shayteybrea866 @Steapray9422 @6356Traibreecheytur @1678Fleafopoan @6495Noucoosh @Freetrouhayyeysh27 @Cubougreack1875 @Greetreshooclot94 @Fitretrung073 @Traykeacusoul28 @Neywistuck6 @Hidden username @Pliyayshaing9214 @Ploopegel24 @Vitimin755 @Grogobliking0115 @6003Jorealoo @Poacrot618 @Drorootreebrack208 @Deychai9 @8814Yearethayng @Kofoalit3 @96Chidroglean @Shefloagur528 @Meanaysebloo9525 @Hidden username @Greaglogles6704 @451Moobibloot @Tijouyoucayn5710 @Bloochees38 @Fesheyyowait359 @Tupatheyng740 @4295Keytack @Repeyprun9068 @Thoaheecoor76 @Stayseys6942 @Jeeclayck0498 @Hidden username @Paigosashat3835 @3Troucroachays @Bearulout43 @Sheeblis7997 @Plegrong716 @Segreedreang6760 @Hafrin9810 @Cliweadreet19 @6Tegleaveet @Hidden username @Steyfos387 @Sheetoafeecush6832 @2Shoadroash @125Shaidroaglayreck @Cooflaidraysayng8899 @421Chaigrofreck @Thegaveafrosh9967 @1019Flootoa @31Thouceablick @Feagleehoas26 @Crouthifreas67 @Clowuhail0501 @Blacel8 @Bayyoobroang2950 @Hidden username @Broseygoock6329 @Dreyhouthoush361 @Baifreeck59 @Soaraythait6140 @Fudeaclean41

See the signature

Somya from the Carenity team 🌼


What is your NASH/NAFLD story? Let's share! https://www.carenity.co.uk/forum/other-discussions/living-with-nonalcoholic-steatohepatitis-nash/what-is-your-nashnafld-story-lets-share-3583 2026-05-12 16:30:54

Give your opinion

Survey

Help shape the future of Carenity!

Survey

Become a Carenity Ambassador – Help our community thrive!

Articles to discover...

Benefits Of Doing Nothing: Why Rest Matters for Your Mental and Physical Health

02/10/2026 | News

Benefits Of Doing Nothing: Why Rest Matters for Your Mental and Physical Health

Medications That Cause Low Libido: A Guide by Drug Category

28/09/2026 | News

Medications That Cause Low Libido: A Guide by Drug Category

The challenges of living with an illness as a family: impact, communication, and solutions

24/09/2026 | News

The challenges of living with an illness as a family: impact, communication, and solutions

Caregiver burnout: When caring for someone else leaves no room for yourself

07/09/2026 | Advice

Caregiver burnout: When caring for someone else leaves no room for yourself

NHS - Get help with prescription costs

12/11/2019 | Procedures & paperwork

NHS - Get help with prescription costs

Diclofenac to become a prescription drug

21/01/2015 | News

Diclofenac to become a prescription drug

Opioids Causing Concerns, Problems for Chronic Pain Patients

14/10/2016 | News

Opioids Causing Concerns, Problems for Chronic Pain Patients

Do you have the winter blues?

21/10/2014 | News

Do you have the winter blues?

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join the 500 000 patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

Join now! Join now! Join now! Join now! Join now!

It’s free and confidential

Subscribe

You wish to be notified of new comments

 

Your subscription has been taken into account

Join now! Log in

About

  • Who are we?
  • Why share your data?
  • The Carenity team
  • The ambassadors
  • Partner associations
  • Contributors
  • The Science and Ethics Committee
  • Our scientific publications
  • Our commitments
  • Certifications and awards
  • Carenity in the news
  • Editorial policy
  • Code of conduct
  • Legal notice
  • Terms of use
  • Cookies management
  • Contact
  • Carenity for professionals

Quick access

  • Health magazine
  • Search a forum
  • Learn about a condition
  • See medication reviews
  • List of forums (A-Z)
  • List of condition info sheets (A-Z)
  • List of medication fact sheets (A-Z)
  • Language flag fr flag de flag es flag it flag us

The www.carenity.co.uk website does not constitute or replace professional medical advice.