Type II Diabetes, Research into Vitamin D.

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Diabetes (Type 2)

2 answers

Topic of the discussion

Posted on
Good advisor

Type 2 diabetes is a condition in which the body does not use insulin properly and blood sugar levels can rise above normal. I have found that researchers are looking into whether vitamin D can help regulate blood sugar levels.  Vitamin D helps with the absorption of calcium, and calcium helps manage sugar in the blood. They say that studies have found people with vitamin D deficiency have a higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes later in life, but the link is not conclusive. Much more research is needed to determine if vitamin D supplementation can help people with type 2 diabetes.

Is this HOPE for us on the horizon???

Beginning of the discussion - 05/11/2018

Posted on

@richard0804‍ Thank you for sharing this, it will be interesting to see what others think about it too. Hopefully there will eventually be a cure, or improved disease management, for diabetes. We can all continue to hope and watch the medical adevelopments play out .

Posted on
Good advisor

I take Vitamin D post cancer as I can't enjoy the sun anymore as I had 200 years of sunshine in a few weeks. But as a diabetic 2 patient I see no benefit unless you are diagnosed a lack of Vitamin D in blood tests. To much can have a negative effect and regular testing need to made.