What is the type of your MS?

https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/multiple-sclerosis.jpg

Patients Multiple sclerosis

36 answers

Topic of the discussion

• Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

There are three different types of MS:

1. Relapsing remitting MS - RRMS

2. Primary profressive MS - PPMS

3. Secondary progressive MS - SPMS

What type is your MS? How did you find out about your type? What tests did you have to do to determine it?

Don't hesitate to share and get to know other people suffering with exactly the same condition as you!

Beginning of the discussion - 14/02/2017

Posted on

Actually I can think of at least two more types: benign and relapsing secondary progressive. And some people would say there are as many types of MS as theee are people with MS.

Posted on

I have Primary Progressive MS. How many others have it? 

Posted on

I need to learn more about secodary progresive MS thins went down hill fast 2 years ago and i no longer drive.

Ive been told you still have remmision. IS THIS TRUE?

Regards Jamie 56 and still fighting.

Posted on

I have Secondary Progressive Relapsing 

Posted on

I have Primary Progressive

Posted on

I have just been told that my relapsing remitting MS has progressed to secondary progressive. My consultant has stopped my Copaxone prescriptions, I am gutted 

Posted on

I have secondary progressive with relapses

Posted on

I have relapse remitting ms I get flare ups off iritis in my eyes, suffer chronic back pain and severe headaches which last 3/4 days has anyone else got these symptoms any tips on how anyone controls these? I'm wondering has diet got an affect on ms symptoms? 

Posted on

The main thing I am getting from people is that with MS we all have different symptoms?  These seem to be mild and slowly creep up and increase in severity.At the moment I can't identify a pattern to the problems I have,they seem to have a mind of their own.

Some of the disabilities I have is what I would call muscle spasms mainly in my legs but in the last 3 weeks I've had these in my chest,they have happened twice so far.

I suppose we have no choice other than seeing what will develop over the weeks and months ahead.

Most commented discussions