Bariatric surgery: Share your questions and experiences!

https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/obesity.jpg

Patients Obesity

3 answers

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hi everyone, I've been heavy my entire life, even when I was a girl and I've never been able to lose weight... I've tried everything and nothing has worked. At this point I'm thinking about getting surgery for it but I don't know where to start. Can anyone share their experience if you've had it? 

Beginning of the discussion - 23/06/2021

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello @yolanda‍, thank you for opening this discussion. We've written an article a few months ago on the different types of bariatric surgery that you may find helpful. Here's the link: Obesity: What surgical treatments are available?Let me tag some other members who can possibly share with you. emoticon cute

Hi everyone, how are you today? Have any of you considered or gotten bariatric surgery (sleeve, gastric bypass, band)? If so, can you share your experience? For those who haven't, is this something you'd consider?
@Bubblesrolo16@Chall2020@Sammy910@Malv63@Fiona21@Vinyasa@sidiculous@Freginalshorse@PSInghV11@CJames@Marie257@Dalrossi@Kezw78@becomingbetter@Lardyfats@Kathkatie@Amisherratt@Jovifan@Veenas‍ 

Feel free to share here!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

Posted on

I personally haven’t had barbaric surgery my daughter has, it’s only recently she told me. After many months to several years we eventually met , she has MS , I was shocked to see how thin she was in fact I thought she was anorexic, she said she wasn’t I advised her not to continue to loose weight because of her immune system was low enough, she did put on weight but it yo-yos. My advise eat sensibly , little and often.