- Home
- Forums
- General forums
- Good to know
- What is your favourite way to relieve stress?
What is your favourite way to relieve stress?
- 319 views
- 18 times supported
- 37 comments
All comments
Go to the last comment
Gwen44
Gwen44
Last activity on 14/06/2026 at 13:58
Joined in 2017
3 comments posted | 1 in the Good to know group
2 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Explorer
My way to relieve stress is knitting also helps keep my fingers exercised. I also find doing jig-saws online relaxing.
Somya.P
Good advisor
Somya.P
Last activity on 13/09/2026 at 02:43
Joined in 2023
1,115 comments posted | 343 in the Good to know group
110 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Explorer
-
Friend
Hello everyone,
How's everyone doing?
This is an important conversation to have. Dealing with a chronic illness, whether it's yours or if you're caring for someone else, can certainly bring a lot of stress. I'd love to hear about your experiences.
@gmorlet @EMCEE74 @Debz18 @JenGoli @emilynpirola.uk @Moojuice @boojou84 @SweetGabie11 @Flintstone @laj051963 @Kevin246 @Glasgow_female @Bex1891 @Batbill1975 @lala170570 @Linzyinmk @F00tbaLLFan11 @deeplydippy62 @Lberrn @sadone @Zobiayasin @ZoeRina @MarieTelling @twosided @rainbow768 @lordvee @Johnny1970 @anxietyisme @Marv61 @FloraBa
Do you often find yourself stressed? How do you cope with it?
Your insights could really help others in this group (myself included 😅), so please don't hesitate to share.
Take it easy now,
Somya from the Carenity team 🌼
See the signature
Somya from the Carenity team 🌼
chrissie2018
Good advisor
chrissie2018
Last activity on 26/09/2026 at 18:09
Joined in 2018
106 comments posted | 27 in the Good to know group
61 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
-
Friend
I can't handle stress very well as I get mixed up in my head as I have an emotionally unstable personality disorder plus when I have no support I get so stressed I self harm
See the signature
C Newton
Close all
See the responses
Tigger.co.uk
Good advisor
Tigger.co.uk
Last activity on 27/09/2026 at 18:46
Joined in 2016
838 comments posted | 133 in the Good to know group
83 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
@chrissie2018 I used to pull my hair out but so nobody knew I used to use my eyeliner to cover the bald patches up, my doctor helped me a lot as he new about all the bullying as a child he said there are many ways people do self harming but at the time that started from being 5yr old starting school till I was 15yrs old and leaving school, and seeing my dad in that mental hospital and seeing all kinds of things as a child that didn't help, people screeming through glass doors, watching nurses carrying metal baths for people's treatment, seeing my dad after having ect treatment, seeing him in straight jackets it was really hard being a child of seeing and trying to understand what my dad was going through at that age but the older I got the better I tried to understand why he was going through all that, as in the days from the 50s to now treatment isn't so harsh but mental health hasn't be good for me now having gone through so much trauma in my life I now am left with scars, Ptsd and low moods depression and anxiety, and that has been carrying on since a child I'm now 72 and have so many life threatening illnesses to cope with, plus being deaf, and registered disabled with osteoporosis arthritis etc, Tigger
See the signature
D M A
chrissie2018
Good advisor
chrissie2018
Last activity on 26/09/2026 at 18:09
Joined in 2018
106 comments posted | 27 in the Good to know group
61 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
-
Friend
@Tigger.co.uk just sent you an email x
See the signature
C Newton
Razar.M
Community managerGood advisor
Razar.M
Community manager
Last activity on 28/09/2026 at 17:17
Joined in 2026
37 comments posted | 7 in the Good to know group
8 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Explorer
-
Friend
@chrissie2018 Thank you for sharing this so openly. I'm sorry you're going through such difficult moments, especially when stress feels overwhelming and you don't have the support you need.
You deserve support and shouldn't have to face these feelings alone. If you feel able to, reaching out to someone you trust or your General Practitioner may help you find the right support.
If you're in immediate danger or feel unable to keep yourself safe, please call 999 or go to A&E. You can also contact Samaritans free on 116 123, any time, day or night.
We're glad you shared this with the community, and we hope you find understanding and we're always here to support you in any way we can.
Be Safe,
Razar from the Carenity team💖
Hide the responses
Baysie
Baysie
Last activity on 14/09/2026 at 09:51
Joined in 2016
2 comments posted | 1 in the Good to know group
1 of their responses was helpful to members
Rewards
-
Explorer
Tigger.co.uk
Good advisor
Tigger.co.uk
Last activity on 27/09/2026 at 18:46
Joined in 2016
838 comments posted | 133 in the Good to know group
83 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
I just try to keep talking I do some crafts but only do a hr when I feel like it as I have lymphodema and I have to be careful but mostly I listen to music and watch TV or sometimes I talk to my family a lot, it is hard as my life threatening illnesses restricts me doing things, that I really enjoy but when I'm OK my husband takes me out on my mobility scooter we go have a cuppa go to the beach and I love going on the pier, as I live in a sea side flat and I love it when the carnival comes past, and vans with lights on but being on and being near the beach is lovely and having fab neighbours helps as well as having a wonderful husband and home plus I have a cockatiel and she helps a lot with my ptsd low mood depression and anxiety. Tigger
See the signature
D M A
mjteddy
Good advisor
mjteddy
Last activity on 24/09/2026 at 19:26
Joined in 2016
79 comments posted | 20 in the Good to know group
13 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
-
Newsfeeder
Put on some music, normally Led Zeppelin and read while it plays.
See the signature
Mjteddy
lesmal
AmbassadorGood advisor
lesmal
Ambassador
Last activity on 27/09/2026 at 18:41
Joined in 2018
1,632 comments posted | 179 in the Good to know group
107 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
I do Word Search in books and play Vita Mahjong on my mobile when stressed. It keeps the brain alert and I find it helps.
See the signature
Les
Close all
See the responses
Tigger.co.uk
Good advisor
Tigger.co.uk
Last activity on 27/09/2026 at 18:46
Joined in 2016
838 comments posted | 133 in the Good to know group
83 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
@lesmal I love playing that,
See the signature
D M A
Hide the responses
Mikejohn
AmbassadorGood advisor
Mikejohn
Ambassador
Last activity on 27/09/2026 at 22:03
Joined in 2017
58 comments posted | 34 in the Good to know group
26 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
Well yes I try not to get stressed which people might find strange but sometimes I do feel down I just concentrate for awhile and maybe think of some joke I’d seen and I’d have a good laugh again,then I’d say to myself just get out and do something
See the signature
Michael keane
Close all
See more replies | 2
See the responses
Mikejohn
AmbassadorGood advisor
Mikejohn
Ambassador
Last activity on 27/09/2026 at 22:03
Joined in 2017
58 comments posted | 34 in the Good to know group
26 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
@Tigger.co.uk thank you yes it’s something I’ve never really done much maybe helped the grandchildren now and again but I will try it and much appreciated
See the signature
Michael keane
Mikejohn
AmbassadorGood advisor
Mikejohn
Ambassador
Last activity on 27/09/2026 at 22:03
Joined in 2017
58 comments posted | 34 in the Good to know group
26 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
@lesmal that’s good too have chatting is a great therapy and I thank you for the concern ❤️
See the signature
Michael keane
Tigger.co.uk
Good advisor
Tigger.co.uk
Last activity on 27/09/2026 at 18:46
Joined in 2016
838 comments posted | 133 in the Good to know group
83 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
@Mikejohn your very welcome good luck with everything. Tigger
See the signature
D M A
Mikejohn
AmbassadorGood advisor
Mikejohn
Ambassador
Last activity on 27/09/2026 at 22:03
Joined in 2017
58 comments posted | 34 in the Good to know group
26 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
@Tigger.co.uk thank you ❤️
See the signature
Michael keane
Hide the responses
chrissie2018
Good advisor
chrissie2018
Last activity on 26/09/2026 at 18:09
Joined in 2018
106 comments posted | 27 in the Good to know group
61 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
-
Friend
Thanks razar it means a lot
See the signature
C Newton
Close all
See more replies | 3
See the responses
Tigger.co.uk
Good advisor
Tigger.co.uk
Last activity on 27/09/2026 at 18:46
Joined in 2016
838 comments posted | 133 in the Good to know group
83 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
@chrissie2018 hi chrissie how is everything going with you, have just come back from holiday for a week, weather was fabulous and we are back now have to go for a lung function test on Wednesday, I'm not looking forward to it as my cough has, got worse, going to see if I can get my flu and covid jab on the 1st of Oct, but hopefully all will be OK, I have had lots of pain in my knees and hips been using my mobility scooter more now so hopefully all will be OK take care love and hugs from us both xx
See the signature
D M A
chrissie2018
Good advisor
chrissie2018
Last activity on 26/09/2026 at 18:09
Joined in 2018
106 comments posted | 27 in the Good to know group
61 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
-
Friend
@Tigger.co.uk I emailed you dawn x hope you're ok and the injections don't hurt too bad x
See the signature
C Newton
lesmal
AmbassadorGood advisor
lesmal
Ambassador
Last activity on 27/09/2026 at 18:41
Joined in 2018
1,632 comments posted | 179 in the Good to know group
107 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
@Tigger.co.uk Please take care and good luck with the covid and flu injections. Thinking of you.
See the signature
Les
Tigger.co.uk
Good advisor
Tigger.co.uk
Last activity on 27/09/2026 at 18:46
Joined in 2016
838 comments posted | 133 in the Good to know group
83 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
@lesmal thank you my friend love Tigger xx
See the signature
D M A
Hide the responses
Give your opinion
Articles to discover...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
Your subscription has been taken into account
LizziB
Community managerGood advisor
LizziB
Community manager
Last activity on 02/04/2024 at 00:46
Joined in 2022
280 comments posted | 25 in the Good to know group
19 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
Good Advisor
Contributor
Messenger
Explorer
Friend
Hello everyone,
How are you doing today?
There are many things people do to relieve stress, some people walk or exercise, others read, some play with their pets, or go to the spa.
What is your favorite way to relax and relieve stress?
Let's share!
Take care,
Lizzi from the Carenity team