https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/rheumatoid-arthritis.jpg

Patients Rheumatoid arthritis

6 answers

Topic of the discussion

Carenity Member • Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

Rheumatoid arthritis does not always come alone, unfortunately. The disease can provoke other health conditions, like heart problems or gastrointestinal troubles, or develop alongside other chronic illnesses, which leads to a need for more attentive management of RA.

What other conditions do you suffer from and how does it impact your treatment for RA? Was your RA diagnosed before or after the other disease(s)?

Which condition is more difficult to manage from your point of view, and which influences your everyday life the most?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Beginning of the discussion - 3/13/18

Apart from RA, what other conditions do you have?
Carenity Member
Posted on

It was serval years before RA was diagnosed folllowing this I have since developed dry eyes, irritable bowels syndrome and fibromyalgia.

Carenity Member
Posted on

So what came first the chicken or the egg??

Carenity Member
Posted on

I was diagnosed with RA when I was 17; about 30 years later I developed Hypothyroidism. Is there a connection? I only know that they are both autoimmune diseases.

Carenity Member
Posted on

My daughter has Autism, developmental Delay. Pelvic venous reflux. Anxiety. Venous malformation length of left leg. Constipation. Painful periods currently under investigation 

Carenity Member • Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

Thank you for your replies @Pippadog@Redsusieq@Siobhan727‍ !

@all: don't hesitate to join in!

Carenity Member
Posted on

I have both osteoarthritis and RA, Inappropriate sinus tackyycardia, chronic fatigue syndrome caused by RA , constipation, hypertension and in remission from womb cancce four years ago, also menapause and night sweats

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join 150 000 patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

It’s free and confidential