https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/rheumatoid-arthritis.jpg

Patients Rheumatoid arthritis

8 answers

Topic of the discussion

Carenity Member
Posted on

Because I have and it's so rare that I can find little on the internet so was wondering if anyone else has it and how you manage it and what knowledge and advice you have.

Beginning of the discussion - 9/3/18

Has anyone been diagnosed with palindromic RA?

Carenity Member β€’ Community manager
Posted on

Hello,

Thank you for posting, I hope there are some other members who can share their experiences with you.

Carenity Member
Posted on

I have it but received no info so in the same boat as you, I actually have no idea what it means and am feeling too unwell most days to even research it! not even sure if it's worth claiming PIP with this diagnosis so any more help would be appreciated πŸ˜”

Posted on

@Sheps76Β Hello sheps,

It would definitely be worth giving your GP a call so they can explain to you what it is.

Carenity Member
Posted on

Thanks very much for the comments. Seems it's quite an enigma! At the moment I'm trying to manage it with diet (very limited or no wheat, gluten, red meat, diary, nightshades or alcohol and oily fish every day) and CBD oil while I wait for the meds to kick in. It's still there but I think it's not as bad as it was before I tried these things.

All the very best to those of you suffering and I hope you get improvements very soon. Xx

Carenity Member
Posted on

Hello there, I was diagnosed 10 years ago with palindromic RA , I was told the tests were Siro positive, what ever that means πŸ€” On June 18th this year I was told by yet another of the endless consultants , The RA wasn’t palindromic and the Bio similar drug , I’d been very painfully injecting for nearly a year, in order to get off the steroids wasn’t having any effect against the steroids that I’d been put on short term and have been on for 10 years and they can’t get me off. Feeeew, sorry about that disgruntled outburst. 😘 I’d love to hear from anyone with a similar experience. xx

Carenity Member
Posted on
Palendromic rheumatoid comes and goes, it is only supposed to last a few hours to a few days maximum and it causes no long term damage to your joints. If it lasts more than a few days then it's more likely you have RA.
Posted on

@moosue‍ @Twoelles‍ Thank you both for sharing!

Carenity Member
Posted on

Thank you, I don’t understand why the many Drs and consultants didn’t know that. Have a great day. x

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join 150 000 patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

It’s free and anonymous