Have you changed to a different medicine from methotrexate?

https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/rheumatoid-arthritis.jpg

Patients Rheumatoid arthritis

1 answer

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Ive been on MTX for 3 years now and although I only have minor flare ups about once a month I find Ive got so many more health problems. My biggest is that I have a restricted lung problem due to a partially paralysed diaphragm so I cant afford to get any chest infections. I am waiting for surgery but heaven knows when that will happen. I do not like being on MTX so has anyone changed to a different medication from MTX and if so which one and how is it? I only ever get a phone call from the RA Nurse once a year so no real monitoring going on altho I do have my regular blood tests which keeps showing high calcium readings. My GP is now looking into this.

Beginning of the discussion - 23/11/2020

Have you changed to a different medicine from methotrexate?

Posted on

@BoxWood2 Hello BoxWood2, thank you for opening this discussion. I'm sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with methotrexate. If you haven't already, feel free to leave a review of it here, so others can be aware of its possible side effects: Methotrexate Fact Sheet.

Hello members, how are you today? Have you ever had bad side effects from methotrexate? If you switched away from methotrexate, which medicines did you try? Can you share any advice with BoxWood2?
@Clarer@AntoniaD@Toya911@Nic8606@yesyes@Rafa76@Juliana@EmmyJane@Mairi1956@Scoobysue1@Layton@lizshi@noelynn@JRL1965@dilizjo@MarkOrton@Un4getablefox@Samsung12@Bobbiegirl@Mog789‍ 

Take care,
Courtney

Most commented discussions