/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Diabetes (Type 2)

6 answers

Topic of the discussion

Carenity Member • Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

Were you prescribed any treatment for your Diabetic nephropathy (a complication which affects kidneys)?

If yes, what is this treatment? Do you feel it is helping you?

Did you have a say in your treatment? Were you explained how it works and what to expect?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!

Beginning of the discussion - 6/29/17

Treatment for diabetic nephropathy
Carenity Member
Posted on

Hi,

I don't have diabetic nephropathy but my hubby does, he is also type 2. He's also suffering with high blood pressure which may also have caused the kidney problems he has now, as doctor says.

So he's taking enalapril to control his blood pressure and prevent further kidney damage, and beta blockers. And he must regularly do all sorts of blood tests to monitor his conditions. We didn't really have a say in the choice of the treatment but then I think its normal cause we trust our doctor, he knows best.

Carenity Member
Posted on

Hi, I am also taking enalapril once a day. Have had some minor side effects at the beginning but it seems to get better now. Has anybody else had side effects?

Carenity Member • Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

Thank you for your comments, @Hidden username could you please tell us more about the side effects?

A question for everybody: in what way does the treatment you are taking influence your everyday life? How would you like to improve your treatment?

Thanks in advance for answering.

Carenity Member
Posted on

I'm only taking medication to lower my blood pressure, my kidneys are more or less alright now.

How often do you do blood tests now that you are diagnosed?

Carenity Member
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ what medication are you taking for your blood pressure?

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join 150 000 patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

It’s free and anonymous