/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Diabetes (Type 2)

17 answers

Topic of the discussion

• Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

Hello,

How often do you have check-ups? What doctors do you see - eye doctor, dentist, endocrynologist, etc. ?

Thanks in advance for your answers! ;)

Margarita

Beginning of the discussion - 31/05/2016

How often do you have check-ups?

Posted on
Good advisor

Eyes every 2 years, doctor once a week at the mo, dentist 2 years, mental health worker 2 times a week at the mo used to be just once a month then things are bad again 

Posted on
Good advisor

You should have a diabetic check, every year at your doctors, where they do blood & urine tests,weight BP & check the pulses in your feet. If you are on inslin they should check the area where you inject. You should also see Paula carr once a year for your eye screening & viset your normal opticions once a year for a eye test.Sometimes you go under a special nurse, you need to check blood sugars reglaurly, sometimes they montior sugars with a blood test, I have this every 3 months, but I have other conditons that are montered. Ask your GP how often you need to have it done. 

Posted on

I didn't have my sugar check up since a long time.  In between I had some fever and weakness.  Now I am alright.  I should go for my regular check up.

Posted on

I see my diabetic consultant every six months, for blood, urine, weight, blood pressure and feet checks. I see my dentist every six months. I have a hospital retinopathy eye appointment once a year and also see my optician once a year.  I also see my GP Practice diabetic nurse once every 3 - 6 months for bloods, urine, weight and sometimes feet checks.  I have never see a chiropodist or dietician, although I am waiting for an appointment to see a dietician at this moment. The frequency of appointments depends on what treatment/drugs you are prescribed and how well your diabetes is controlled.  I have in the past, gone through periods of weekly visits with the practice diabetic nurse, having blood tests and blood monitoring.  I was however, unhappy with my treatment at this time and requested an appointment with the consultant.  This has resulted in a new drug and six monthly appointments, for better monitoring I would have rather have had three monthly appointments.  But this is not available due to funding issues.  

Posted on

My diabetic consultant is now once a year, Blood and urine, weight every three months foot nurse once every 4 months my doctor needs toi change this shes nice id like to see her daily lol, eye screening every August  after an eye test, dietician once a year no confidence in her at all shes huge, Tablet review every 2 months so that's the way the cookie crumbles. oh forgot blood pressure every time I visit the surgery minimum 15 times a year.

Posted on

In Scotland for type 2.

Retinal screening once a year.

Full diabetic review every year including blood tests, feet, diet advice,  depression questionair and Time with doctor and nurse to discuss results, B M I etc.

Regular blood sugar and blood pressure checks as required.

Posted on
Good advisor

Vikram 1990 of course you should go for your regular check up! It is very important that you do! 

• Ambassador
Posted on
Good advisor

Standard practice once a year unless your condition changes!

Posted on

I dont go on a regular basis as I feel that any concerns I have are dismissed as them being all in my mind !! so to keep my sanity I have stayed away.

Most commented discussions