Patients Diabetes (Type 2)
Topic of the discussion
Posted on 06/11/2019 15:01
@Tezzaa @robjmckinney @Daisydef @Karen56 @SmokiesMum @richard0804 @blackburn1 @stillme @maribar @Norm62 @Pixiecookie @nanajen @Pippadog @teleen @elizabethmary @Dolly68 @Bobcaz @Liam2863 @jessa112 @esdoyle @Manton @Nessie1968 @Refusenik @Crezzy @Maz2902 @jamieengland @David791 @Borissmith22 @dini46 @fifi20 @colinbrown @Susanmoon @busybee6969 @carer213 @mickey1946 @kitty64 @mimi86 @Joshua @huckfin @Mozz54 @pamgoo @Angelina Rose @deadly-1-2-3 @Lupus-lassie @Scruffymum @sandragray @Annikins59 @mangoman45 @xxbuttonsxx @nanglad @jen4george @Djhovs @moresbyrose69 @arossiter @rosemary @stokenorth @mitsai
I have a dear friend with diabetes and would like to support him the best way possible. Therefore, I'd greatly appreciate your help:
1. What are the diabetes conversations you would like to have with close family, friends and caregivers?
2. Are there any conversations you would like to be facilitated by Conversation Starter Cards?
3. And if so, which questions would you suggest?
Best regards, Helle
Beginning of the discussion - 08/11/2019Diabetes conversations with close family, friends and caregivers https://www.carenity.co.uk/forum/diabetes-type-2/living-with-type-2-diabetes/diabetes-conversations-with-close-family-frien-2959
Posted on 08/11/2019 10:05
Hello @Helle1123 ,
Thank you for your message and welcome to the forum. It's wonderful that you're trying to understand your friend better in his time of need. Feel free to browse the forums and Health Magazine articles and hopefully some of our members will respond very soon to your questions.
Posted on 13/11/2019 18:38
@Helle1123 I'll try to answer as best I can from my experiences.
1. - I'd like to talk to them about how the condition makes me feel both physically and mentally and for them to understand that I have to take care of my health. I can't have "just a little taste of pudding" to tell them if it's good or not and I'd like for them to understand that.
2. I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with these cards.
3. What can I do to make your life easier? How does this condition make you feel? What can I say on bad days to be helpful?
I think that's a good start.
Posted on 14/11/2019 08:59
@madeleine09 thanks so much! Very useful.
Best regards, Helle