- Home
- Forums
- Diabetes (Type 2) Forum
- Symptoms and complications of type 2 diabetes
- Complications linked to diabetes
Patients Diabetes (Type 2)
Complications linked to diabetes
- 109 views
- 4 times supported
- 7 comments
All comments
Unregistered member
My wife thinks it has damaged her eyes...I think it's old age setting in ;)
Geadrir969
Geadrir969
Last activity on 10/10/2020 at 04:27
Joined in 2015
2 comments posted | 1 in the Diabetes (Type 2) Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
I really miss being able to eat foods, cakes, sweets and chocolates with very little or no sugar!!
See the signature
Jacky Bond
Heechous1933
Good advisor
Heechous1933
Last activity on 28/05/2026 at 09:42
Joined in 2018
70 comments posted | 9 in the Diabetes (Type 2) Forum
2 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
Liver Problems seems to be my "complication" with having Diabetes.
0Trodoteysh
0Trodoteysh
Last activity on 19/12/2020 at 13:24
Joined in 2017
2 comments posted | 1 in the Diabetes (Type 2) Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
For me it’s my eyes and my legs and feet, apart from that I'm as fit as a corpse.
Chabraiseash568
Chabraiseash568
Last activity on 27/05/2020 at 05:57
Joined in 2020
1 comment posted | 1 in the Diabetes (Type 2) Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
I have had type 2 since 2007. By the grace of God it has been under control. I have not had any hospital admission or emergency since then.Once in a while I urinate a lot and feel tired and sometimes I have headache. This happens when I eat the wrong diet.It normalised and has been within range. I try to stay active and eat well. Lots of vegetables, fruits and protein rich food. I take my prescribed medication as prescribed.
Unregistered member
Yes, diabetes can badly impact different body organs. I experienced this complication in my mom’s case when her vision got weak. In the absence of proper diabetes treatment, a patient can suffer from any disease depends on a body type and level of diabetes. The best to keep diabetes under control is to follow prescribed [link removed by Community Manager for violation of community standards], exercise, and diet. A monthly diabetes test from a lab also helps to see your diabetes level. Take your diabetes medications timely to get the best from them.
Close all
See the responses
Raipreecleeck51
Good advisor
Raipreecleeck51
Last activity on 05/10/2026 at 15:23
Joined in 2016
839 comments posted | 2 in the Diabetes (Type 2) Forum
83 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
I have type 2 diabetes, i find it very hard I have glaucoma and I am a coeliac as well both of my grandma's went totally blind as my grandma was a diabetic and she had to have insulin, but she passed away with a diabetic coma, my other grandma also was diabetic but I don't know much about her, as she died when I was 3mnths old, that really scares me as I have type 2 diabetes, but mine is controlled with a diet but that isn't helpful as being a coeliac I have to be on a gluten and wheat free diet and that is hard as I have to be careful of my sugar levels and salt, so coeliac disease comes with many other illnesses so I have to keep up with that as well as keeping up with having type 2 diabetes, but I have to have regular blood tests for all my other illnesses plus this as well and my coeliac disease on top I sometimes find it very hard to cope with at all as having so many life threatening illnesses it gets worrying as well as being in remission with breast cancer, but I do try to keep everything in check, Tigger
See the signature
D M A
Hide the responses
Give your opinion
Members are also commenting on...
Articles to discover...
Medication fact sheets - patient opinions...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
Your subscription has been taken into account
JosephineO
Community managerGood advisor
JosephineO
Community manager
Last activity on 15/07/2024 at 09:21
Joined in 2018
989 comments posted | 16 in the Diabetes (Type 2) Forum
7 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
Good Advisor
Contributor
Committed
Explorer
Evaluator
Friend
Hello everyone,
Unfortunately, diabetes can cause different complications to occur. This can manifest in different ways such as eye damage, kidney damage, pregnancy complications...Have you experienced any complications?
Please share below!