https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/fibromyalgia.jpg

Patients Fibromyalgia

6 answers

Topic of the discussion

Posted on
Good advisor

I am finding the pain meds I take for firbromyalgia just aren't helping anymore.Has

Anyone found certain tablets benefical?

I currenlty take Naproxine,cocodomals and Amitriptyle.

Thanks

Esma

Beginning of the discussion - 22/05/2016

Pain medication

Posted on

Hi Esma, I take pregabalin which manages the nerve pain really well, other than I don't take anything for the muscle pain. My pain pharmacist suggested I don't take anything more as I want to stay focused in my job!

There are other things other than medication I do find very beneficial, that's Tiger Balm and tai chi.

Hope that helps, take care

Pain medication

Posted on

I take Tegretol which my GP prescribed for me when I exhausted all other medications for FMS. You could ask your GP for advice about it.

Pain medication

Posted on
Good advisor

I will ask them about it thanks

Pain medication

Posted on

Hello I too have fibro, as well as chronic neurological pain.

Low dose Neltroxene - LDN - has been used and found to have excellent results with Fibro. You will have to detox off all opioids, if on them.

have a chat with your GP, if sympathetic to you - I know some arent

Pain medication

Posted on

Hi I take Topiramate for my migraines which is also used for epilepsy. It blocks the nerve endings and has also worked for my fibro x

Pain medication

Posted on

LDN has been hugely beneficial for some, however cannot be used with any opioids. I have a friend with CRPS and also is prescribed ketamine.

i have severe neuropathic pain, so not ready to give up opioids. I'm also on ketamine and find it does ease fibro pain. Heavy duty pain relief though. I take 10mg Amytriptolene won't increase it as it can make me drowsey in the am

Most commented discussions