https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/osteoarthritis.jpg

Patients Osteoarthritis

55 answers

Topic of the discussion

Carenity Member • Community manager
Posted on

Hello,

Bone spurs (extra bits of bone, which feel like hard lumps, that form around the affected joint) are unfortunately a symptom of osteoarthritis that many people are impacted by.

Do you get bone spurs? If so, where?

Beginning of the discussion - 2/11/19

Bone spurs: do you get them and where?

Carenity Member
Posted on

New formation hips fingers elbows

Carenity Member
Posted on
Good advisor

Cervical Spine, and Knees. Had Bilateral Arthroscopy of both knees some years back and they were shaved off with power wash

Carenity Member
Posted on

Hi I have them around my left hip and left foot I use prescribed orthotics to correct my gait at the moment 

Carenity Member
Posted on

Both shoulders and all my fingers. I have had surgery on both shoulders. My left shoulder is fine now but I severed a tendon in my right shoulder I am unable to extend my arm or lift it up. I've lost the ability to hold my hands out in supplication 

Carenity Member
Posted on

I have got one on my left hip and cannot use it to climb the stairs now. My gp is hopeless never even sent me for an x ray. had arthritis for over 10 years was due for a hip replacement then got breast cancer in 2010 and with the tablets have been in agony since and now got hypercalceamia. Never go out anywhere as both hips occasionally just give way without notice.

Carenity Member
Posted on

Fingers and toes for me don’t know where else never been checked

Carenity Member
Posted on

In my hips and lumber spine (causing spinal stenosis waiting for another MRI because spinal injections did not work might have to have surgery)

Carenity Member
Posted on

Fingers and some toes and top of both feet. Don't know if any other places but have pain in all moving joints particularly knees and back.

Carenity Member
Posted on

Spine and shoulder for me