What treatments have you tried for OA? What has worked for you?

https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/osteoarthritis.jpg

Patients Osteoarthritis

5 answers

Topic of the discussion

• Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

What was your first osteoarthritis treatment? Did you have a say in the choice of this treatment?

How has it changed with time, and do you feel you have participated in the decision about your treatment?

Beginning of the discussion - 26/10/2017

Posted on

My first treatment was an over the top of the door traction thing that you put your neck into and gradually fill a water bag up to a certain level, (almost like hanging yourself) that stretches your neck and gives relief, you also had to have someone with you at all times whilst using it. 

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone,

I thought I would revive this older discussion so we can talk about osteoarthritis treatments in general.

What have you tried for your osteoarthritis over the years? What medications (NSAIDs, painkillers, etc.) have worked? What hasn't?

Have you tried any complementary or alternative methods or therapies (physiotherapy, hydrotherapy, acupuncture, CBD, stretching, etc.)?

Have you had surgery or joint replacement? Has any of it helped?
@Crissy202@Un4getablefox@Ali2376@Steve27@cazmarelda@Khursh@newonecopd@Karen71@Lynlynne@TylerMacHamilton@kellee55@lotsapain80@StMary@Peter120@Ymalco@Binbin@StrongTea@Jane61‍ 

Feel free to share any experiences or tips with us here! emoticon cute

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

I'm currently taking amitryptiline and nefopam. I'm also having monthly physio appointments with exercises to do on alternate days. The physio says I'm making good progress but need to work on my confidence in my body.

Posted on

Nothing just told to take painkillers when it gets bad.

Posted on

No painkillers any more as they really weren't working after taking them for so many years. I have epsom salt baths and in between I use a balm of essential oils from MCC that has been an absolute lifesaver.  As I have fibromyalgia and ME I can't exercise as I'm so exhausted all the time.  I bought a Dorylax machine that stretches your back and using this for 2 1/2 minutes a day has really helped ease my back pain. 

Most commented discussions