https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/osteoarthritis.jpg

Patients Osteoarthritis

3 answers

Topic of the discussion

Carenity Member • Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

Hyaluronic acid injections are considered by some doctors and researched an effective way to relief osteoarthritis symptoms, especially for knee osteoarthritis, as the acid helps lubricate the joints and thus facilitate joint movement.

Have you tried this treatment? Did you find it useful? How many times have you had injections?

Don't hesitate to share your experience with hyaluronic acid and give your advice to other patients.

Beginning of the discussion - 5/30/18

Hyaluronic acid injections
Carenity Member
Posted on
Good advisor

As far as I am aware Hyaluronic Acid injections are not available on the NHS. You can have them privately at the London Clinic, but they are frightfully expensive. I take Hyaluronic Acid capsules as supplements, but can not swear by it, as I also take so many other supplements.

Christina.

Carenity Member
Posted on

I have asked to have Hyaluronic injections for my knee arthritis but told "they don't do them" on the NHS. I suppose if someone high up in NICE had chronic knee arthritis things might be different!!

Sheila

Carenity Member
Posted on
Good advisor

Yes, these injections are not available on the NHS. You can have them in Harley Street, The London Clinic and are frightfully expensive. may be in time to come, they might become available on the NHS