- Home
- Forums
- General forums
- Living with type 2 diabetes
- Results of the poll on diabetes control
Results of the poll on diabetes control
- 43 views
- 0 support
- 1 comment
All comments
Loudriplu7309
AmbassadorGood advisor
Loudriplu7309
Ambassador
Last activity on 08/10/2026 at 20:39
Joined in 2015
655 comments posted | 121 in the Living with type 2 diabetes group
71 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
Flip flopping weight control has led to a massive variation on the medicines I take. When I began with diabetes the using metformin and then progressed to various tablets added on. I noted at times diet reduced the need for the medicines. Pre-cancer I had moved onto injections but lost 6 stone due to treatment. Therefore I moved onto diet control only but after a number of years since I put some weight on and back on Metformin. I had a threat quite recently of losing control of my blood sugars so I lost weight and am now back in control.
See the signature
robjmckinney
Give your opinion
Articles to discover...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
Your subscription has been taken into account
29Jeafrestet
Good advisor
29Jeafrestet
Last activity on 07/10/2020 at 11:39
Joined in 2016
1,195 comments posted | 76 in the Living with type 2 diabetes group
2 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
Good Advisor
Contributor
Messenger
Committed
Explorer
Evaluator
Dear members,
We have recently asked you to answer our poll on "How is your diabetes controlled at the moment"? Which you did, and here are the results
Apparently, the majority of the patients control their diabetes with medication (almost 40% of the respondents). About 32% rely solely on diet, and 27% use both medication and diet to manage their diabetes. About 2% of the respondents do not treat their diabetes at all.
What do you think of these results?
Has the way you control your diabetes changed over years? In what way?