- Home
- Forums
- Diabetes (Type 2) Forum
- Living with type 2 diabetes
- 🧪 Would you trust a smartphone test to check your diabetes risk?
Patients Diabetes (Type 2)
🧪 Would you trust a smartphone test to check your diabetes risk?
- 28 views
- 1 support
- 4 comments
All comments
Glosoudroat
Good advisor
Glosoudroat
Last activity on 09/04/2026 at 14:25
Joined in 2017
26 comments posted | 21 in the Diabetes (Type 2) Forum
5 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Explorer
Hey everyone! 😊I’ve been using a connected glucose monitor at home, and honestly, it’s super convenient. I still get my HbA1c checked at the doctor’s, but seeing my numbers day-to-day really helps me understand how food and exercise affect me. I’d trust these tools more if the readings are consistent and my doctor explains how to use them. Overall, I think they’re pretty empowering! Has anyone else tried one?
Close all
See the responses
Claicayproos71
Good advisor
Claicayproos71
Last activity on 09/10/2026 at 08:24
Joined in 2023
15 comments posted | 6 in the Diabetes (Type 2) Forum
9 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
@Glosoudroat i agree
Hide the responses
Loudriplu7309
AmbassadorGood advisor
Loudriplu7309
Ambassador
Last activity on 08/10/2026 at 20:39
Joined in 2015
655 comments posted | 121 in the Diabetes (Type 2) Forum
71 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
I already use various devices for testing my blood sugar levels, one being reasonably accurate for daily use. Got to be better than pricking fingers every time which I hate. I also use ECG, blood pressure monitor and SP02 which are all good. For mobiles, many have been knocking around for ten years or more and testing blood sugar levels, cost effective so would be a good thing. I must admit I ordered a few Chinese SP02 meters that claim to test blood sugar levels which turn out to be rubbish but the watch I found quite good. So yes I will invest in this mobile phone tech once I find a supplier in the UK. I will also look at the mobile phone ECG, blood pressure and SP02 attachments as it can be useful while on the move!
See the signature
robjmckinney
Close all
See the responses
Razar.M
Community managerGood advisor
Razar.M
Community manager
Last activity on 09/10/2026 at 13:38
Joined in 2026
59 comments posted | 3 in the Diabetes (Type 2) Forum
10 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Explorer
-
Friend
@Loudriplu7309 Thanks for sharing your experience, Rob. It sounds like you’ve tried quite a few different devices, so your perspective is really useful. I can definitely see the appeal of having reliable health monitoring tools available on your phone, especially when you’re on the move.
Your experience with some of the less accurate devices is also a good reminder to be careful about relying on readings from technology that hasn’t been properly validated.
It’ll be interesting to see how this technology develops and whether more reliable options become widely available in the UK.
Take care,
Razar from the Carenity team💖
Hide the responses
Give your opinion
Members are also commenting on...
Articles to discover...
Medication fact sheets - patient opinions...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
Your subscription has been taken into account
1Deygoothoan
Good advisor
1Deygoothoan
Last activity on 13/09/2026 at 02:43
Joined in 2023
1,115 comments posted | 40 in the Diabetes (Type 2) Forum
110 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
Good Advisor
Contributor
Messenger
Explorer
Friend
New tools are being developed in the UK that could allow people to check their diabetes risk (like HbA1c levels) from home using a smartphone.
For some, this could make testing easier and faster. For others, it raises questions about accuracy, access, and trust.
💬 What do you think?
📱 Let’s discuss — could this be a game changer, or not quite there yet?
@Coufreesh49 @7294Flufraisheamayck @Fraglookuck229 @Neasayresh39 @367Steysedan @49Criblo @Troayoack1029 @Caistooproayur @Dayyeal @Shudreeleen @Fraikeystar162 @Neetregror424 @Woblays6 @Raysayl07 @Bleabeeck6 @0335Froathutrun @Waiflucren @Hooprocoas @Greshoreysh323 @Fouweadree8 @Grujaydreesh2 @Leytragraick234 @Rayyeshoo3701 @Hadayteck7493 @Veegicabling7 @Hahoack2 @Clelaprel166 @Feestoutofloan993 @Beajush169 @Pidreawaiclong9925 @0845Grenash @Thoajaigal4 @762Woublayceang @Layfoamaick55 @0Trodoteysh @Cheyneeng93 @Stayfeecheaglayt81 @Yoafraick3 @Doawoagoot5564 @Preatumais6 @Fleyhapick64 @9888Preesuyul @Kagrong6851 @Duyealis987 @Kiyock468 @Shoayefrofayck4 @43Driclousour @Creakoar601 @Moatrucroong1617 @Soubrameck7770 @Fleygleyreableer9 @Prookeeceyn855 @Yaydroucey760 @74Watrouck @Cobash349 @Keagloatol8282 @60Naicrougang @Dreyfoosh206 @Broathoal790 @Mublotraick437 @Shayleal6 @Yayflaigo2405 @Deychai0033 @Roapleeprear1662 @Nebeaboon185 @Rafeyproun6775 @Weefreleang983 @Teagloacroathoat77 @Gegayfloung410 @Crafeebeyr4 @Seefreeck6 @52Greefeehot @Thaycloas301 @007Dayvotrel @Grastejeack4 @Feaprijear683 @Yiheeng5183 @Blejeycrer52 @Blabril6173 @7980Chetimookosh @Peywoloal6868 @Shoapit624 @Toogeerouhot767 @Traiyoot13 @Crouyayng228 @Glogreabroush9699 @Triyeegeas32 @506Shareanait @Pleadouflaing2157 @Coucreas408 @Theyfroowang67 @Reaboagash789 @Boubreapichick8457 @Crilur3450 @3456Brafealear @Breytailing2 @Greabluseeyas9274 @Grayfrerooyeeck57 @Cheagrou9
Warmly,
Somya from the Carenity team 🌼