The low-glycaemic diet and diabetes

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Diabetes (Type 2)

3 answers

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hello members,

Have you ever heard of using the low-glycaemic diet ("low-GI diet") to control the symptoms of diabetes? The low-GI diet uses the glycaemic index to allow a patient to identify and eliminate high-glycaemic foods (foods high in glucose and likely to cause spikes in blood sugar) and favour low-GI foods to stabilise blood sugar levels. But like all diets, it has its advantages and disadvantages

You can read our new article on the low-GI diet here: Understanding the low-glycaemic diet

And if you have experience with this type of diet or questions, why not post them below?emoticon nerd

Beginning of the discussion - 22/01/2020

Posted on

@Michael_B Thank you for this article, it was very interesting. I've been hearing people talk about the keto diet for diabetes. Do you have any advice on that?

Posted on

You might find this interesting/helpful: https://services.nhslothian.scot/diabetesservice/PatientsCarers/Documents/SJH%20NEWCASTLE%20DIET%20BOOKLET2012.pdf

Posted on

Hello @madeleine09 !

I'm glad you found the article useful. I don't have any information specifically on the keto diet and diabetes. It's something that I've suggested to our editorial team to see if they can find an expert to talk about it. Fingers crossed!