/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Psoriatic arthritis

10 answers

Topic of the discussion

Carenity Member • Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, everyday chronic pain is a reality from many people suffering from PA. So we wanted to ask you, what do you do to manage your pain each day? Did you use any pain management applications? Any alternative medication?

Please share in the comments! :)

Beginning of the discussion - 6/3/19

How do you manage your daily pain with PA?

Carenity Member
Posted on

I really feel better now I've moved to a gluten-free and lactose-free diet, one year ago. I'm still in pain but I feel there has been change in a good way.

Carenity Member
Posted on

I have tried all the drugs with NO effect I don't know where to look

Carenity Member
Posted on

I suffer this day in day out it goes so bad some time I find it so hard to do any thing some day just getting up put me in so much pain on I'm on strong pain killers and there no longer working I getting to the point where standing is just to much to cope with the pain is so bad it make me cry and I get so low I thinking of just ending it all I can't live with it I nead a brack from it suffering pain day in day out and night time is worsened I can sleep so I'm have to get up every 2 hours or so has I can only lay on one side and the pain gets worse as I lay on it and in the end it gets so bad I have to sit up to take more pain treatment and some time I end up over loseing on then to and the pain killers as mimicked up my liver so now I suffer liver disease and my joint and beening diabetic to I some times think what the point I get pain in my side to from my liver disease is making me feel sick and I have to go to the bathroom a lot to because my liver don't work that well I get a bold up of toxin in my body to 

Carenity Member
Posted on

I'm on no treatment or any painkillers . But I'm in no more pain than I was when I was on pain killers . This disease is ruining my life I'm 50 and I feel like I'm 90 years old 

Carenity Member
Posted on

Going through different treatments at the moment but each treatment goes on for about a year and so far nothing has really helped my symptoms. Have been given different painkillers but find most do very little to help. Sleep badly so always very tired and some days so muddled cannot think straight. I definitely know when i'm having a good day in comparison to having a bad day. Only get to see the Consultant about once a year otherwise monitored by nurses who are supposed to make contact but who do not. Monitor my own blood tests as no one else seems to be doing this. Tend now to rely on over the counter pain relief as do not have a current prescription for anything else.

Carenity Member • Community manager
Posted on

@Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username Thank you all for sharing :)

What do other members try? Do you use some of the ways previously mentioned?

@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username‍ 

Carenity Member
Posted on

I have tried everything over the past 3 years with zero relief which intern drags you down a bit thank god I have got some good private pensions to cushion the impact of this terrible condition.

Carenity Member
Posted on

Hi All, I'm on sulfasalazine x6 daily , inject imraldi every two weeks and have just started pregabalin, the new drug does take the edge off the pain, I really struggle with the fatigue, it's so tempting  to stay in bed, I have to push myself e very minute of every day, I dread to think about the future.

Carenity Member
Posted on

My advise is simple, there is no cure, and no relief from drugs, they don't work, so enjoy the rest of your life as you can, life has no boundaries so enjoy what you have in life, and if you can live it to your best.