/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Spasticity

9 answers

Topic of the discussion

• Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

What is your treatment for spasticity?
Does it work? Do you experience side effects?
Don't forget to share your advice to help others or ask others your questions.

Beginning of the discussion - 11/08/2017

Spasticity treatments - Opinions, experiences, advice

Posted on
Good advisor

I have Hypertension and am on treatment. I am also on Statins for high Cholesterol. I am currently being investigated for Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation (AF) I do get muscles spasms in my legs since I had my 4th and 5th Spinal surgeries. I put my muscle spasm due to being on Statins but the reason has not been confirmed. I had 14 episodes od AF last year over 4 months period. Then they suddenly stopped. Investigations revealed no known reason. This year I started having some isolated episodes of AF. I am now on the waiting list for Implantable Recordable loop. If any one has the loop implanted, I would love to hear from you.

Thank you

Nineteen_gale

• Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

Thank you for sharing, @nineteen_gale !

• Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

Don't forget about this discussion wink.png

Posted on

@Margarita_k @nineteen_gale I mentioned this in another discussion but I recommend botox for spasticity. My life has very much improved since I started this treatment and I don't have to go to the hospital as often anymore. It has really changed my life! 

Posted on
Good advisor

@Pleasance‍ 

I‍ do not suffer from Spasticity and am not on any treatment. I have had 5 Spinal surgeries and my Spine is fused from half way down my back to the end. I suffer from night cramps, but not spaticity. I have never heard of Botox treatment for Spasticity. i am glad your life has changed due to the treatment though. 

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone,

How are you today? Have you seen this discussion? emoticon cute

What treatments have you tried for spasticity? Have they been effective? Have you had any  side effects? Has one treatment worked better than another?
@Kadehenry16@Dalrossi@ucollins2003@brianbeecroft@Helencat@Barb71@Zozime@doug61@Justybusty@Drouthy@Keza2019@Bilko1@Katespear@Wanda15@Jasperhodgkinson@Kipper501@BCuthill1955‍ 

Feel free to share here!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

@Courtney_J I've just been started on gabapentin and it's been helping. I'm interested in botox though, mainly just out of curiosity, not necessarily for me as I'm new to this. It's amazing that something that was developed for wrinkles can help people with MS or other conditions!

Posted on

I had a bad relapse about six yrs ago. I was put on gabapentin eight times daily. I could stand up without falling down. Just slept then I went to the bathroom there I fell split my head open. I'd rather suffer a spasm than split my head open. Trying to come off them was a nightmare. Now I understand the word cold turkey not nice at all cheers everyone xx

Most commented discussions