Stretches and Exercises for Spasticity

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Spasticity

4 answers

Topic of the discussion

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello,

Please share your different exercises and stretches that you do to help relieve your spasticity. Do you have a particular exercise or stretch that has improved or relieved your condition? Do you have any tips for other members? 

Please share :)

Beginning of the discussion - 28/01/2019

Posted on

I do a lot of calf streches everyday and that really helps!

Posted on

Thanks so much. My right leg becomes stiff like a rock so my husband tries to bend it. This is the reason I have such a small amount of mobility. How specifically do you do your stretches?

• Ambassador
Posted on
Good advisor

Don't over do it. I find that little and often works best for me. Try not to hurry your exercises, take your time and built up the intensity first, then a little more speed will come and the more satisfying the exercise. 

Have fun most of all..... 

Posted on
Good advisor

I do not have Spasticity, but I am rather stiff because of my 5 Spinal surgeries between 2009 to 2015. My spine is fused from T9 to S1 with 2 Titenium rods, 18 screws, a plate and 2 large bolts. Hence I have a limited movements of my back and suffer from severe muscle spasms and pain intermittently. When ever I try to stretch my calf and thigh muscles go into spasm and its very painful. I do how ever, keep trying and stretching for short periods at a time. My calf and thigh muscles go into spasm even in my sleep when i try to turn over. I am not on any medication for it, adn do not wish to be. I try and control it by gentle stretching, swimming and exercising in gym.

Most commented discussions