What complications have you experienced because of Type-1 diabetes?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Diabetes (Type 1)

6 answers

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, diabetes can cause different complications to occur. This can manifest in different ways such as eye damage, kidney damage, pregnancy complications...Have you experienced any complications?Β 

Please share below!

Beginning of the discussion - 07/05/2019

Posted on

My uncle suffered from a damaged kidney, unfortunately. 

Posted on

I have been diabetic for 40 years and am lucky to have no complications at all. It hasn't ever been easy but purchasing a freestyle libre 2 years ago made life so much better and as of last month I can now get the sensors on prescription saving me £70 per month!

Posted on

I haven't had any complications, but I pay very close attention to my glucose levels and my diet. I also exercise regularly. Fit as a fiddle!

Posted on

Unfortunately after 30+ years I have developed eye problems requiring multiple lazer treatments resulting in poor vision in low light.  I also have chronic kidney disease because of high blood pressure thus requiring a transplant.  I still work hard to keep my blood sugar under control as the alternbative wouldbe worse.

Posted on

After thirty six year's being type 1 diabetic got my first real problem. Seems like my sight in my left eye might go because of problems in the macular. Think my hypo unawares could be a problem as Medtronic supplies UK have no Gemini sensor mounts been without three weeks now ! C'est is vie 😒

Posted on

@Mark_O It's disgraceful to make you go without for three weeks. Honestly, who is in charge of these programmes!?