https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/fibromyalgia.jpg

Patients Fibromyalgia

18 answers

Topic of the discussion

Carenity Member
Posted on
Hi Has anyone been prescribed buprenorphine patch for fibromyalgia pain I was just prescribed by gp today and would be good to hear from anyone else Thanks x

Beginning of the discussion - 5/15/19

Morphine pain patch
Carenity Member • Community manager
Posted on

@Hidden username Hello Ann,

Thank you so much for posting :) I hope this treatment works out for you. Have other members tried this medication for fibro? did you find it effective?

@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username‍ 

Morphine pain patch

Carenity Member
Posted on

Hi I use matrifin 50 mg patch change every 72 hrs.i hope your  new patches help you.iv started taking cod oil to see if that helps with the pain,.good luck. Regards kaz x

Morphine pain patch
Carenity Member
Posted on

Thanks Kaz

I'm keeping my fingers crossed xx

Morphine pain patch
Carenity Member
Posted on

i am not on any meds at all , because i was given so many drugs when i was 6yrs old i had menningitus plus tb i had a very lot of drugs pumped into me as a child, but when i was of a legal age i refused to take any more and i use other methods like heat n bath treatments ,  but unfortunatley i must start again as i am in constant pain daily and fatigued alot . so i am going to my doctors tomorrow to ask for a pain patch rather than taking tablets which have other side effects ,that will can stop me from driving . if i stop driving i will go insane being house bound

Morphine pain patch
Carenity Member
Posted on

I'm sorry that you are struggling in so much pain and I'm like I you as in I couldn't stand to not be able to drive

I hope you get on well at the Doctors and you get your patches 

Morphine pain patch
Carenity Member
Posted on

Thankyou ann2019 for your concern n i hope u can get some relief from pain ,as we all now a little is better than nothing

Morphine pain patch

Carenity Member
Posted on

I’ve had these before when I had kidney stones. I can just remember sleeping a lot. 

Morphine pain patch
Carenity Member
Posted on

Thanks @Hidden username I am a little sleepy 

Morphine pain patch
Carenity Member
Posted on

I now use lidocaine patches which make the painful area numb. I wear them 12 hours on and 12 hours off. I do have painkillers as well but without the patches my back is so painful.