https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/fibromyalgia.jpg

Patients Fibromyalgia

2 answers

Topic of the discussion

Carenity Member • Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

Hello all,

In this discussion I'd like to invite you to share your opinion on your current treatment for fibromyalgia.

What do you think of its efficacy? Who considered this treatment and did you have a say in the choice?

What aspect of your current treatment would you like to improve?

Beginning of the discussion - 12/8/17

Your current treatment
Carenity Member • Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

Hello, just a little reminder that this topic has not received your replies yet emoticon wink

Your current treatment
Carenity Member
Posted on

I was on Lyrica for about 9 months. It really helped with the electric shock feelings I get, but the side affects weren't worth it. My mind was foggier than normal (very bad memory problem) and my feet swelled. I do think the Lyrica helped to deaden some of my pain.  Now I'm on a very low dose, 5mg, of Cyclobenzaprine 3X per day and also Amitriptyline once at night time.  I still have pain, but I do believe this current treatment helps somewhat.  I used to take Hydrocodone for pain, which helped a lot,  but the doctor that I've had the past 5 years doesn't prescribe it.

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join 150 000 patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

It’s free and confidential