Caregivers for patients with Parkinson's disease

https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/parkinson.jpg

Patients Parkinson's disease

7 answers

Topic of the discussion

• Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

If you have a member of your family who is suffering with Parkinson's disease, I invite you to share your experience in this discussion.

Exchange advice and information on how to better help our loved ones with Parkinson.

Beginning of the discussion - 28/11/2016

Posted on

Husband Peter cares for me as I have advanced parkinsons. Post for him as  he dyslexic.

he helps me a lot but makes me try things myself.

we have 3.hours weeklye respite p enjoyS a  bike .ride. Carers trust.

we get out and about with my wheelchair, dont give Up.

• Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

Thank you very much for sharing your story with us @Brewes!

It's great that you have your husband's support and help!

Anyone else has something to share or to ask? Don't be shy, we are here to help each other.

• Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

@MrsPeanut, @Peter888, @rooneytoomey, @Daisysnan, @EmmyJay, what could you tell us about helping your relative/friend with Parkinson's disease? 

Posted on

Hello i am the one with parkinsons disease, ad the frustrating part about it is, that somedays yo may have a period were you feel absolutely fine, and the peope who care for you often seem to think that youare ok and that you dont really have a problem, but they dont often see the times when i am unable to walk, when you are weak and your dexterity and co ordination are such that you can not hold on to something without dropping it, 

And so i feel as if i am expectedat times to carry out tasks that are often too difficult or impossible to do, because on the times that i am feeling relativelrry out those tassy ok, i do m best to carry out those tasks.

Now I am not bitter about getting parkinsons as very often in life you simply have to play the hand your dealt, but i could do with a little more understanding

Posted on

Agree mickey.

we all have good and bad parky days. The bad ones can be really bad!

brendax

Posted on

Agree mickey.

we all have good and bad parky days. The bad ones can be really bad!

brendax

Posted on

I'm a carer for my father who was diagnosed two years ago. I admit I feel guilty sometimes because I just want to have a "normal" day. It can be really hard sometimes to be a carer because a lot of responsibility falls on you, but no one really asks how you are or if you need something.

I don't resent my father at all, but sometimes the situation is just overwhelming. I know no one will see this but just felt like talking about it somewhere.

Most commented discussions