Parkinson disease and excercise

https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/parkinson.jpg

Patients Parkinson's disease

5 answers

Topic of the discussion

• Community manager
Posted on
Good advisor

People living with Parkinson’s disease are told by doctors that they'll gradually lose control of their muscles.

But there are some fitness experts that are telling some of those patients to stand up and take control of their health through excercise. 

Have you tried to excercise to regain muscle control? Do you think this can help? 

Don't be afraid to share your thoughts and experiences! 

Beginning of the discussion - 22/02/2016

Posted on

Yes I have physio once a month.

going in April for weekly wheelchair exercises. 

Have sitting in chair exercise bike.

exercise helps stiffness for a while.

Posted on

Hello everyone, I am new to the site. I was diagnosed three years ago and it has been a real struggle for me, nontheless I haven't let it beat me, I keep as active as possible and later this year I want to go on a trekking trip with my husband to say Fyou Prkinson you won't beat me

Posted on

It is hard work exercising with parky but worth it.

good luck with the trekking , I was very active but can't tolerate the tablets. 

I have  got parkinsons,  it hasn't got me

Posted on
Good advisor

I try to use my excercise bike and go walking whenever I can. Going on nature walks sometimes helps. I good way to de-stress

Posted on

weekly physio helps me while there and exercise at home . Yes it is good for stress too. It is hard but worth it . 

Most commented discussions