https://www.carenity.co.uk/static/themes-v3/default/images/en/header/cancer.jpg

Patients Cancer

4 answers

Topic of the discussion

Carenity Member
Posted on

18 months ago my darling Mum went to the doctor with a bad cough that had gone on for 12 weeks. They diagnosed her with reflux after saying there was a coarse line on her lung and doing tests. My Mum has never smoked. 5 months ago she went to the doctor. She had lost 4 stone and had severe back ache. She was diagnosed with osteoporosis and arthritis in her spine. Again they misdiagnosed her and sent her to a physio. She went to a and e and was told her x-ray was fine so went on holiday for a week and came bk to phone calls saying she had a fracture in her spine. The physio sent my mum for a ct scan and when they got the results they told us it was cancer. She had a bronchostomy and it showed she has stage 4 lung cancer with metastasis to the lymph nodes the liver and the adrenal gland and told us we are looking at months rather than years. They did an Mri scan a week later and concluded the cancer has spread to her spine and colapsed her spine. 6 days later she was rushed to hospital with suspected sepsis after being told she had a pulled muscle. The doctor who had missdiagnosed reflux did another ct scan which he said showed a possible blood clot on the lung and said that my mum would need another ct scan the next day so put a cannula in her arm with an enhancer to show up the c.f. scan better. In doing this wrong he split her vein and caused internal bleeding. He was taken off our case. The consultant had a look at the ct scan and concluded it was cracked ribs not a blood clot on the lung and sent her home the next day.no ct scan was needed and my mum didn't need the cannula that was put in wrongly. Mum is hm now but there just seems to be mistake after mistake which is ultimately going to take my best friend away from me. I get married in less than 3 weeks and I am just devastated and we have 2 children under 4 just so lost

Beginning of the discussion - 8/6/18

My best friend my Mum is dying
Carenity Member
Posted on

OMG how horrible for you that's a disgrace so sorry to here this I no I've only just joined this site so proberry to late to say sorry but hope your OK and your family xx

Carenity Member
Posted on

I only posted last night and ty for your reaponse

Carenity Member
Posted on

Dreadful for the terrible time your family are going through. You need to timetable the list of things that happened in your mums case and put in a formal complaint to the GP or hospital. Also is it possible to make an appointment to see the consultant and find out the exact situation and any possible various treatments? Mums are precious and mean so much to us and none of the ideas above might help your mum - or it just might- but it may help you make sense of things a bit more. Thought and prayers are with you  

Carenity Member
Posted on

thank you for your kind reply but at the moment mum wants us to just concentrate on spending time with her but ty

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join 149 000 patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition
or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

Join

It’s free and anonymous