Freestyle libre - applying the sensor

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Diabetes (Type 1)

3 answers

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hi,

I am thinking of ordering Free style libre, so I'd like to know what you think about it.

The first thing that worries me is applying the sensor - is it as easy as they say?

thanks everyone

Beginning of the discussion - 22/06/2017

Posted on

Hi 

Sensor is very easy to apply no pain. I have been using for many month but you have to check by prick  your finger as well as free style libre is  not accurate all the time.

Kinga 

Posted on

We stopped using it for my 11 year old son as the difference in the readings were just too different 

Posted on

If you do start using the Libre, you'll get better results the day after you apply the sensor. I apply the sensor a day before activating it, as not to potentially waste a day of scanning with less reliable results.

If you find the sensor to provide a greater than 20% variance from blood glucose tests, Abbot will provide a new sensor. It would be a good idea to request a sample box of strips and control solution, as they would expect any blood glucose tests which demonstrate a faulty sensor to have been conducted on the Libre (which doubles as a blood glucose monitor, just in case you weren't aware) .

Most commented discussions