- Home
- Forums
- Psoriatic arthritis Forum
- Living with psoriatic arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis: 5 Things People Often Don’t Understand About Living With PsA
Patients Psoriatic arthritis
Psoriatic Arthritis: 5 Things People Often Don’t Understand About Living With PsA
- 5 views
- 0 support
- no comments
Give your opinion
Members are also commenting on...
Living with psoriatic arthritis
Psoriatic arthritis and the Coronavirus - How are you reacting to the pandemic?
Living with psoriatic arthritis
Which joints or parts of your body are affected by psoriatic arthritis? Are both sides affected?
Living with psoriatic arthritis
What is your biggest daily challenge whilst living with psoriatic arthritis?
reikiboo64
@Courtney_J
Hi
Well where do I start!
I get frustrated by the constant exhaustion in my muscles. The slightest action feels like I have just done a work out to that part of my body whether it be an arm or a my legs for example.
I am aware that my disease isn't managed at all yet even though I have been diagnosed 18 months or so. It just feels like Russian Roulette with my medication as to whether I will be allowed to continue it from one blood test to the next as my liver rebells.
Everyday a new part of my body starts to creak and feel stiff and painful. To be honest it's scaring me just how quickly things are progressing. It is really getting me down. I can't walk far, self care is difficult . I'm determined to be independent so I'll struggle to succeed in the task.
I want to have the energy to get through my day as I work full time running a women's refuge which is mentally very demanding but fortunately not too physically. I'm so tired at the end of each day. It's an uncomfortable exhaustion. I also suffer from Narcolepsy diagnosed at a similar time to the arthritis, and this also gives me fatigue- I have a double whammy of fatigue.!
I am shielding at the moment so I have had a chance to rest. The first week off work I slept solidly and now I feel more rested. I confess I am anxious about becoming so exhausted again but I am determined this illness won't stop me from doing what I love.
Overall I feel distressed with it all and just want it to go away, My healing has gone to pot. I have put weight on as I can't exercise, I dread going upstairs and at times I just don't know how to deal with it.
Sorry to sound so down hearted, I just don't feel I can bring any positivity to this discussion.
x..
See the best comment
Living with psoriatic arthritis
Psoriatic arthritis and the Coronavirus - How are you reacting to the pandemic?
Living with psoriatic arthritis
What is your biggest daily challenge whilst living with psoriatic arthritis?
reikiboo64
@Courtney_J
Hi
Well where do I start!
I get frustrated by the constant exhaustion in my muscles. The slightest action feels like I have just done a work out to that part of my body whether it be an arm or a my legs for example.
I am aware that my disease isn't managed at all yet even though I have been diagnosed 18 months or so. It just feels like Russian Roulette with my medication as to whether I will be allowed to continue it from one blood test to the next as my liver rebells.
Everyday a new part of my body starts to creak and feel stiff and painful. To be honest it's scaring me just how quickly things are progressing. It is really getting me down. I can't walk far, self care is difficult . I'm determined to be independent so I'll struggle to succeed in the task.
I want to have the energy to get through my day as I work full time running a women's refuge which is mentally very demanding but fortunately not too physically. I'm so tired at the end of each day. It's an uncomfortable exhaustion. I also suffer from Narcolepsy diagnosed at a similar time to the arthritis, and this also gives me fatigue- I have a double whammy of fatigue.!
I am shielding at the moment so I have had a chance to rest. The first week off work I slept solidly and now I feel more rested. I confess I am anxious about becoming so exhausted again but I am determined this illness won't stop me from doing what I love.
Overall I feel distressed with it all and just want it to go away, My healing has gone to pot. I have put weight on as I can't exercise, I dread going upstairs and at times I just don't know how to deal with it.
Sorry to sound so down hearted, I just don't feel I can bring any positivity to this discussion.
x..
See the best comment
Articles to discover...
Medication fact sheets - patient opinions...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
Your subscription has been taken into account
Razar.M
Community managerGood advisor
Razar.M
Community manager
Last activity on 28/09/2026 at 17:17
Joined in 2026
37 comments posted | 1 in the Psoriatic arthritis Forum
8 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
Good Advisor
Contributor
Messenger
Explorer
Friend
Hi everyone 👋
Living with psoriatic arthritis can be difficult to explain to someone who has never experienced it. From the outside, people may only think about painful joints, while the reality can be much broader and different from one person to another.
Here are 5 things people living with PsA may relate to:
💬 Which of these do you relate to most?
And if you could add a sixth thing that you wish other people understood about living with psoriatic arthritis, what would it be?
I’d really like to hear from our community members.
@LarnyG @ClaraJane2022 @FrustratedSufferer @Ashley @SarahWoodcock @Jan160261 @Ifickmywife @Debbie76 @Sarahbar @MellyFlay @Sam4095 @Sonia1983 @Tulip017 @Debz70 @ziggy7678 @DawnieB @Loneshania @Arthur1234 @Lisam76 @AustinS @Gilles2016 @Sally-ann @Trishb @Hilton @Shirlsh @Karen1965 @Nuls22 @Nuttree @Torrie @Jenfa69 @Jojostevo @FionaV @HazelWilliams @Parranquet @Alim244 @Jools63 @Chrisk78 @Pembe66 @McCaffs @Believer @M1ami007 @Jennii @Flossfrack @Kaycee @TheMrsH @Munchcorn @Diamondartcrazy @Jackie1971 @Pauloq @Thurste10 @Mariawallace @Sarah-Anne @Pebs1973 @KerryH73 @Judi2708 @TerriSH @Debbie1966 @Dukesave @J4kki7 @Dwoolven @Michelle75 @Tinablick49 @Mabusela @Fifi00 @sivemanona @Paulfan @Thorzeks @Maureen60 @Carolmary @colexelzie @Anehtah
If you feel comfortable sharing, tell us about your experience - it may help someone else feel understood or realise they’re not alone. 💙
Take care,
Razar from the Carenity team💖